• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 2: Ourense > Baiona (160.8km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
There are a fair amount of sprint stages, especially for durable sprinters alá Degenkolb and Sagan. I don't think thats a problem.
But none of the durable sprinters are here, me thinks?

Re: Re:

MacBAir said:
Valv.Piti said:
There are a fair amount of sprint stages, especially for durable sprinters alá Degenkolb and Sagan. I don't think thats a problem.
But none of the durable sprinters are here, me thinks?
A couple lower rate guys. No big names, but some smaller names with good chances today. This should be more fun than usual, a but like Sbaragli's stage win last year.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 2: Ourense > Baiona (160.8km

SKSemtex said:
Meanwhile Nacer won in Hamburg in bunch sprint with quite nasty move against Caleb Ewan.
He was penalized for that. Ewan is the winner.
What a train wreck Nacer wins. He can't be a sprinter. He can't be a cyclist like this.

SKSemtex said:
Meanwhile Nacer won in Hamburg in bunch sprint with quite nasty move against Caleb Ewan.

It was one of the most legit sprints I've seen recently, nothing extraordinarily wrong with that move.

It's just being blown out of proportion ''coz Bouhanni'' and, sadly, the commissaires have let themselves be influenced by the hype.

BigMac said:
SKSemtex said:

It was one of the most legit sprints I've seen recently, nothing extraordinarily wrong with that move.

It's just being blown out of proportion ''coz Bouhanni'' and, sadly, the commissaires have let themselves be influenced by the hype.
Agree, it's ridiculous. He has a reputation and even the smallest issue will get him disqualified.

BigMac said:
SKSemtex said:

If he do these type of legit moves in TDF with 6 people sprinting for a win we have some real casualties.
Yes Caleb could avoid this time but for me it was not legit sprint at all for me.

Great to see a chaotic sprint - Etixx really the only team that had some kind of decent organisation in the last 2km.

Also amazing that there were two separate crashes in the middle of the bunch going at 60km/h, and only two riders went down.

Top 10 Vuelta stage 1:

1. Meersman
2. Schwarzmann
3. Nielsen
4. Kwiatkowski
5. Van Genechten
6. Sbaragli
7. Bonifazio
8. Restrepo
9. Drucker
10. Manzin

Top 10 Vattenfall Cyclassics: