• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Giro dell'Emilia (1.HC) - 207.4 km

2018 Giro dell'Emilia (1.HC) - 207.4 km - 6th October

giro-dell-emilia-2018-profile-9555e190ca.jpg

Startlist:
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-dell-emilia/2018/startlist

Favorites:
***** Bardet, Woods
**** Moscon, Pinot, Roglic
*** Bernal, Nibali, S. Yates
** Pozzovivo, Teuns, Kreuziger, Uran, Mollema
* MAL, Sosa, Visconti, Fuglsang, Kruijswijk

Really looking forward to this race! The startlist is getting better and better every year too. Honestly can't look past Bardet and Woods for this race, but someone like Bernal might surprise.
Bahrain has a strong team here so expect fireworks like last year!

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
That's a really nice race.

Bardet 2nd
..don't wanna jinx The Romain, heh :D ?

Pinot and Bardet will fight for second in this bike race. As long as Mos-Con doesn't win, I'll be happy. Always a good race, that murito is a leg-beater alright. I agree with the star rating in the OP: Woods will be a serious customer. I'm not so sure about Nibali, but I expect Il Squalo to be all in at the GDL and win it (with Pinot second :) ). Bernal? Gaudu? I want to see how both fare tomorrow.

I can't wait, I have the day off, it's always a great final.

The Italian autumn races, perhaps my favorite part of the season! Unfortunately I am not going to be able to watch it today. I believe that Roglic today wants to show everyone, that he could have earned a WC medal, if not for the incident, that put him out of contention.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Robert5091 said:
I see Reichenbach & Moscon are here ... hummm. :)

Nibs & Mohoric descending together could be fun viewing.
At a certain point this thing with Moscon should end. We should spend more time talking about the races and less about the incidents ( hopefully of the past)

Regarding Nibs and Mohoric, I believe the race is going to be decided on the last ascent as usual. Visconti was the exception confirming the rule

Re: Re:

franic said:
Robert5091 said:
I see Reichenbach & Moscon are here ... hummm. :)

Nibs & Mohoric descending together could be fun viewing.
At a certain point this thing with Moscon should end. We should spend more time talking about the races and less about the incidents ( hopefully of the past)

Regarding Nibs and Mohoric, I believe the race is going to be decided on the last ascent as usual. Visconti was the exception confirming the rule

Probably but I see Bahrain trying to blow the race apart before the last lap, Nibali most likely doesn't have the legs to contest the last ascent with the best so he has to invent something.

Davies & Eg have apparently dropped out of the break after problems - at 129 km
Torniamo alla gara maschile: tra gli 8 in fuga ne sono scivolati due in discesa, ovvero Eg (TRek Segafredo), che è subito ripartito, e Davies (Dimension Data), al quale è stata sostituita la bicicletta. Anche lui è ripartito poco dopo. Siamo al km 129

TRENDING THREADS