• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Milan-Sanremo - 305k - August 8th

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the winner of Milano Sanremo 2020?

• Total voters
WVA definitely looking strong and trending, but it's just not smart money to go with Wout (straight up) in a bike race where he has to beat MVDP to win. Anyone who watches MVDP in Cross or MTB knows he will make a massive jump in race fitness after a race or two off a big training block (especially at altitude) - and once he is at peak race fitness, MVDP is a level above. Nice that the CN forum experts here have MVDP down as the "underdog", but this race will go as the oddsmakers expect it to.

I see a visit from Logic in your future. :D

Anyway, your dig at CN forum "experts" is a little harsh. Very few have voted and MSR is a bit of a crapshoot with a ton of potential winners anyway. It's the whole reason I didn't include a poll in the first place.

You can be sure that many of us have seen virtually every WVA-VDP cross battle as well as their road matchups so we're aware that Mathieu has a big edge overall and we're also aware of how he comes back from those rare off days. Still, an hour of cross is different from a 300k monument and Wout was super impressive at Strade Bianche so him getting the most votes along with Sagan is no real surprise, especially after showing a good turn of speed today.

Honestly, chances are that neither of them wins.

Reactions: Jungle Cycle
WVA definitely looking strong and trending, but it's just not smart money to go with Wout (straight up) in a bike race where he has to beat MVDP to win. Anyone who watches MVDP in Cross or MTB knows he will make a massive jump in race fitness after a race or two off a big training block (especially at altitude) - and once he is at peak race fitness, MVDP is a level above. Nice that the CN forum experts here have MVDP down as the "underdog", but this race will go as the oddsmakers expect it to.

He can beat MVDP. Avatar bet that he beats MVDP at MSR? I’m not say WVA will be first. Just that he will beat MVDP.

And here is the head to head data for the CN forum experts.
Cross: MVDP 84-35 vs. WVA.
Road: MVDP 14-6 vs. WVA.
MTB: MVDP 0-0 vs. WVA.
Total: 88-41
Important point here.
Kinda reminds me on how many people here favor Bernal over Sagan for the tour although in last years edition their head to head was a close 10-10. But unfortunately the CN forum experts are again gonna ignore the FACTS!!!

TRENDING THREADS