• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Tour de France - STAGE AND JERSEYS - Predictions Challenge - (STILL OPEN FOR LATE ENTRIES)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok, here's my completely random list and it's really completely random as I used random number generator:
3. Hugo Houle
4. Rohan Dennis
5. Giulio Ciccone
6. Amael Moinard
7. Dylan Groenewegen
8. Jasper Philipsen
9. Wout van Aert
10. Sonny Colbrelli
11. Luke Durbridge
12. Romain Bardet
13. Patrick Konrad
14. Rui Costa
15. Jan Tratnik
16. George Bennett
17. Tony Gallopin
18. Niki Terpstra
19. Pello Bilbao
20. Giacomo Nizzolo
21. Anthony Turgis

Re:

tobydawq said:
So you completely randomly hit all of Sagan, Valverde, Groenewegen, Aru, Pinot and four Danes? :)

Maybe my subconsciousness just really want multiple Danish stage wins this year.
Unfortunately my subconsciousness is also really stupid, because none of the Danes picked are going to win the stages they got picked for.

Re:

Anderis said:
Ok, here's my completely random list and it's really completely random as I used random number generator:
3. Hugo Houle
4. Rohan Dennis
5. Giulio Ciccone
6. Amael Moinard
7. Dylan Groenewegen
My random prediction got it right! :lol:

I've calculated the probability of getting at least one stage winner right with random predictions at around 11%, so it's not that unusual after all.

fuiers said:
I hate to admit but this has been a pretty difficult Tour to predict. Even the big sprinters have all divided the wins.

Yeah, I finally managed to get to a grand total of 2 points today (Groenewegen on stage 7 is my only other correct guess).

I did have Sagan for three stages until now, but not stage 5 where I instead had Alaphilippe...

Regarding picking wrong stages for riders something like that would be better points distribution for future editions.

Winning stage 10p
2nd place on stage 5p
3rd place on stage 3p
Rider winning other stage 1p

The last one can be given only once per prediction. So in a race like this year's Tour, predicting Simon Yates winning Tourmalet stage would give 1p. Predicting him to win in Tourmalet and Val Thorens would give 2p.

TRENDING THREADS