• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Donostiako Klasikoa - Clásica San Sebastián, Saturday 31st July (223.5 km)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sepp Kuss didn't win a race, though, just a stage.

I definetely rate good WT races like CSS over any stage win anyway. A stage win might be won in a more impressive manner but winning a proper WT race is worth much more points etc. There are 21 stages in each GT and none of them is raced for win by every single rider in the race, unlike classics, so I don't rate stage wins all that highly.
Not every rider is racing to win in any pro race.

Just finished watching on catch up.

What a strange race. Why were only Trek chasing behind? I fully get why the The Steppers didn't chase, but no clue why UAE and Ineos chose not to.

Anyway, very very nice first big win for Powerless. Fully deserved! And really nice to see Rota right up there too as he's a very consistent under the radar one day rider. Just a shame he got taken down in that tumble near the end.

Just finished watching on catch up.

What a strange race. Why were only Trek chasing behind? I fully get why the The Steppers didn't chase, but no clue why UAE and Ineos chose not to.

Anyway, very very nice first big win for Powerless. Fully deserved! And really nice to see Rota right up there too as he's a very consistent under the radar one day rider. Just a shame he got taken down in that tumble near the end.
I had the impression that everyone was saving their legs for tomorrow's stage :p

Gah! I’d been looking forward all day to watching the race - make dinner, put the boy to bed, feed the cat and then put my feet up with a beer and GCN/Eurosport. The first couple of minutes were incredibly dull with the scene setter, but I thought, that’s okay one of Rob Hatch or Carlton Kirby or Dan Lloyd with or without Sean Kelly and Brian Smith will be along shortly. After 20km I realised this wasn’t going to happen and there were still 59km to go…

I am no commentator, but Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Wee Donkey, how much did Kirby pay this guy for us to practically beg them to bring him back? Have all the staff at Eurosport been pinged by the COVID app and are at home self-isolating? I would have preferred an accompaniment of lift music.

not even going to mention the race because the riders had about as much enthusiasm as the commentator

Gah! I’d been looking forward all day to watching the race - make dinner, put the boy to bed, feed the cat and then put my feet up with a beer and GCN/Eurosport. The first couple of minutes were incredibly dull with the scene setter, but I thought, that’s okay one of Rob Hatch or Carlton Kirby or Dan Lloyd with or without Sean Kelly and Brian Smith will be along shortly. After 20km I realised this wasn’t going to happen and there were still 59km to go…

I am no commentator, but Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Wee Donkey, how much did Kirby pay this guy for us to practically beg them to bring him back? Have all the staff at Eurosport been pinged by the COVID app and are at home self-isolating? I would have preferred an accompaniment of lift music.

not even going to mention the race because the riders had about as much enthusiasm as the commentator
I watched the last 30 km and I couldn't really concentrate on the race for more than a few seconds at a time. What an absolute shitter of a classic. Thankfully I didnt have to put up with these commentators, but seemed that the TV2 (the danish broadcaster) put out the C-team as well. A forgettable race for sure.

This man must have the stiffest looking sprint ever though:

jWEWoD.gif

TRENDING THREADS