• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 16: Salò – Aprica 202 km (Tuesday, May 24th)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Continue to invite Italian teams. But considering that other PT teams are a lot better I would prefer to see a more competitive focus instead.

ah, that's what you mean, I thought it was about the gap between WT and PT in general.

Who is better, though? Arkea decided not to come. Gazprom couldn't. And I don't think any Spanish or French team would be interested, or even have the depth to do two GTs. Uno X? Did they even apply?

ah, that's what you mean, I thought it was about the gap between WT and PT in general.

Who is better, though? Arkea decided not to come. Gazprom couldn't. And I don't think any Spanish or French team would be interested, or even have the depth to do two GTs. Uno X? Did they even apply?

Would probably require a system change to reward GT results/participation. Right now it means they are missing out on opportunities to get results (score points) in smaller races. But I think given the opportunity a couple of teams have the strength to do more than one GT.

Spanish PT teams could do Giro-Vuelta double without depth problems, but they're not better than Italian PT teams.

TRENDING THREADS