• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 4: Avola – Etna 170 km (Tuesday, May 10th)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It was Fiorelli who was missing before but he has now been placed on the results list.

Even the organisers are having trouble seeing the Bardiani guys.

Apart from a low key top-15 for Fiorelli and top-25 to Modolo in stage 3, they haven't cracked top-60 in any stage so far.

Androni hasn't been much better with a 58th as best result and only 4 results better than 99th, but at least they've been on breaks.

I think Mareczko might actually be a worse climber than Ivan Quaranta, and than Kenny van Hummel, and than Andrea Guardini, or any other meme sprinter for that matter. It's actually impressive to fail to survive a unipuerto stage in general and he's done it not once, but twice.

Guardini won stage 18 in the Giro. That takes some surviving!

I think Mareczko might actually be a worse climber than Ivan Quaranta, and than Kenny van Hummel, and than Andrea Guardini, or any other meme sprinter for that matter. It's actually impressive to fail to survive a unipuerto stage in general and he's done it not once, but twice.
He runs out of fuel earlier than Kirsipuu in the mountains.

And Kirsipuu actually won GT stages and classics!

fun battle for the stage win.

Meh GC day, although plenty of write offs.
Nibali... guess he is too old
Dumoulin.. just painful to watch as a fan. Guess I can totally write him off as a GC rider for the future now.
Not much other suprises.
I am not sure what the expectations for Dumoulin were for you but what happened today was really expected. I was expecting 2 guys to drop time today, Dumoulin and Yates, both for different reasons.

Having said that, some commentators in Eurosport were saying that they were expecting more of Dumoulin today and to fade later on. I am not sure if I agree with this. Knowing the type of rider that he is, I prefer to drop him now where he lacks form and not let him hang around in the front too much. I think he will gain form as we keep riding into the mountains. It is too late for him but I think we couldn't expect more of him. He will be ready for the second Grand Tour. He just lacks form.

Reactions: Red Rick
Guardini was also pretty decent in the crosswinds in the Tour od Quatar at some point, he wasn't lazy and actually tried to improve.
The fact that Jakub has a spot on a big team while Guardini had to ride his last 2 seasons on a CT team is kinda messed up.
To be fair, Mareczko continues to win races every now and then. Guardini went the last six years of his career without winning something that wasn't in Asia nor a .2 race, so it makes sense he had to drop to a CT team after four of those years.

Reactions: search
I am not sure what the expectations for Dumoulin were for you but what happened today was really expected. I was expecting 2 guys to drop time today, Dumoulin and Yates, both for different reasons.

Having said that, some commentators in Eurosport were saying that they were expecting more of Dumoulin today and to fade later on. I am not sure if I agree with this. Knowing the type of rider that he is, I prefer to drop him now where he lacks form and not let him hang around in the front too much. I think he will gain form as we keep riding into the mountains. It is too late for him but I think we couldn't expect more of him. He will be ready for the second Grand Tour. He just lacks form.
i was clinging to hope after reports that Dumoulins altitude camp went well and he showed some strong stuff in the last week there...

but it turns out this Dumoulin is exactly the same as the UAE dumoulin. 0 progress made

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS