• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 3: Vasto – Melfi 216 km (Monday, May 8th)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You don't need to do this if you are in the break - Even today, Jayco did not have to ride on the front until the climbs.

It's a much more safe bet.

And I'm sorry, but it is a little bit of a loder's mindset to not ride in the front if you expect to win the stage in the sprint.

You criticised them when they started pulling today, which I found weird, but now that Matthews in fact won, I find it downright bizarre that you keep to the criricism.

Reactions: pastronef
It's a much more safe bet.

And I'm sorry, but it is a little bit of a loder's mindset to not ride in the front if you expect to win the stage in the sprint.

You criticised them when they started pulling today, which I found weird, but now that Matthews in fact won, I find it downright bizarre that you keep to the criricism.

You are selectively reading - I stated that Jayco give unconditional support to their team leader however, t times they are tactically naive which is sometimes to the detriment of the team - The only time they should be riding at the front for any period in this Giro is possibly on two or three transitional stages - For the rest of the Giro they try to get into breaks as they tried to do today or ride in the peleton. It's horses for cuorses - Come the TDF and Jayco will be riding at the front of the peleton for Groenewegen.

TRENDING THREADS