• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

502 Bad Gateway message

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm I the only one getting these messages somewhat frequently as of late?

502 Bad Gateway

nginx
It often happens when reading the forum and then clicking to a new page, or sometimes when trying to post to a thread. I'll be directed to a blank page with nothing but the above error message. Even if I navigate back to the CN homepage, clicking on the Forum still brings me to the same blank page.

After waiting a few minutes, I can usually view the forum again.

If it's of any use to the tech team, I just experienced this again, a few minutes ago, prior to this post.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
It is particularly annoying when it occurs right in the middle of composing a new post. You hit "Submit" and...nothing. The post is lost to the ether as you are greeted once again by the warm and cuddly embrace of

502 Bad Gateway

Try to page-back in an attempt to recover your lost work of art, but no such mercy is granted.

Clearly this has been a top priority for the techies, and it pains me to imagine them staying overnight, on Christmas eve, in a desperate attempt to correct this matter of Global importance.

So I'm here to say, Guys and gals of the design and maintenance team, don't let this petty issue dampen your holiday plans! It's OK! It's not that big of a deal. The fact that I don't encounter this on any other forum anywhere is not something that even needs to be mentioned! As the New Year approaches, don't let yourselves be distracted by the more mundane tasks asked of you. In fact, it's probably best to simply ignore this thread altogether. It's no big deal. Honestly.

Santa will still bring you presents either way. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

That is how it works...isn't it?!?! :eek:

Jacques de Molay said:
It is particularly annoying when it occurs right in the middle of composing a new post. You hit "Submit" and...nothing. The post is lost to the ether as you are greeted once again by the warm and cuddly embrace of

502 Bad Gateway

Try to page-back in an attempt to recover your lost work of art, but no such mercy is granted.

Clearly this has been a top priority for the techies, and it pains me to imagine them staying overnight, on Christmas eve, in a desperate attempt to correct this matter of Global importance.

So I'm here to say, Guys and gals of the design and maintenance team, don't let this petty issue dampen your holiday plans! It's OK! It's not that big of a deal. The fact that I don't encounter this on any other forum anywhere is not something that even needs to be mentioned! As the New Year approaches, don't let yourselves be distracted by the more mundane tasks asked of you. In fact, it's probably best to simply ignore this thread altogether. It's no big deal. Honestly.

Santa will still bring you presents either way. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

That is how it works...isn't it?!?! :eek:

Aye, I lost a post 30 minutes ago as well. Luckily, mine wasn't much of a piece of art. But yes, it can be frustrating if you've just typed something lengthy.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Ahhhhhh....

There's a reason I'm bumping this thread.

I'll give the tech team one guess as to why. :rolleyes:

Having posts disappear into the matrix because of this 502 issue still sucks.

A lot.

It seems to be a problem unique to this particular forum.

Not that anyone anywhere seems to even care in the slightest.

TRENDING THREADS