• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

99th Grote Scheldeprijs - April 6th

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
No profile on the main website, so here is Tyler Farrar Sprinter Of Team Garmin Transitions instead:

AfficheWeb.jpg

It's dead flat and sure to be a sprint-fest once again, so everyone who hates bunch finishes just stay the hell out of this thread with your moaning and complaining and watch Pais Vasco instead (it has hills).

For the rest of us, there is a FEAST to be had: check out the start list.

Notable fast men include:

Garmin: Farrar (won last year), Hushovd, Haussler
HTC: Cavendish
Quickstep: Boonen, Chicchi, Ciolek, Steegmans (enough sprinters for ya?)
Shack: McEwen
Omega: TOTAL LACK OF GREIPEL, and a damn shame it is too
Leopard: O'Grady
Rabobank: Bos, Brown, Matthews
Sky: Boasson-Hagen, Henderson, Sutton
Lampre: Bole, Hondo
Saxo: Cooke, Haedo (JJ)
Vacansoleil: Bozic, Feillu
BMC: TGAK
Katyusha: Gallopin' Galimzyanov AKA The Cossack
FDJ: Hutarovich
Skil: KRvH
Europcar: Haddou
Cofidis: Kaakeeleeraaloo
Saur: Casper
Acqua & Sapone: Napolitano

That's 90% of the big names in sprinting right there, should be an awesome showdown. I'm not sure why the Gorilla isn't riding, he has been on great form lately, I guess he is saving himself for Roubaix.

SO! Can Farrar make it two in a row and save Garmin's woeful classics campaign? Can Cavendish get his third victory? How on earth will Quick Step decide what order to put their lead-out in? Tune in tomorrow to find out!

Sky haven't got their one-man sprint train so Henderson doesn't have a chance, and Garmin's DS is Vaughters so he'll find some way to ruin Farrar's chances. Therefore:

1. Cav
2. Hutarovich
3. Chicchi
(4. Blythe)

A

Anonymous

Tuarts said:
CJ will own this

Dunno, Im expecting nothing from Sky. Arvesen, EbH, Hayman, Hunt, Flecha and Wiggins will be thinking about Roubaix. Leaves Hendo and CJ to go it alone.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Dunno, Im expecting nothing from Sky. Arvesen, EbH, Hayman, Hunt, Flecha and Wiggins will be thinking about Roubaix. Leaves Hendo and CJ to go it alone.
They were all over the finale of this race last year, although they didnt' win it. I think they'll give it a good nudge with CJ and hendo to ride for.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

The should at least make sure Hendo/CJ are there at the front with 3-5km to go and ten whoever is strongest out of the two will sprint for it. No Super-G to pull away on the front though.

guys, I need your help!

I'm doing another game on cycling, and in my team I've 16 riders that will ride this race! I've to choose only 9 of them! Can you help me :D

HAMMOND Roger
DEGENKOLB John *
VANMARCKE Sep
RASMUSSEN Alex
CHICCHI Francesco
BLYTHE Adam
BOS Theo *
WIGGINS Bradley
SPILAK Simon
HAEDO Juan José *
FEILLU Romain *
KRISTOFF Alexander *
VAN STAYEN Michael
VAN DIJK Stefan *
VAN HUMMEL Kenny Robert *
KEUKELEIRE Jens

those with * are my choiche (only 7 for the moment), but I can change them...

edit: only the first 7 at the arrival get points!

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Astana1 said:
Farrar will win and Vaughters will pronounce Charmin's classics campaign to be a resounding success.

I only WISH you were joking. :rolleyes:

Garmin need this one badly; they'll have the train rolling. Incredibly loaded field but lots of eyes are going to be on Sunday, so:

Farrar
JJ
Hutarovich

Wish I could watch this one live; going to be interesting!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Tommeke is probably just going to spin out his legs a little, I would be surprised if he went full gas at the finish.

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
guys, I need your help!

I'm doing another game on cycling, and in my team I've 16 riders that will ride this race! I've to choose only 9 of them! Can you help me :D

HAMMOND Roger
DEGENKOLB John *
VANMARCKE Sep
RASMUSSEN Alex
CHICCHI Francesco
BLYTHE Adam
BOS Theo *
WIGGINS Bradley
SPILAK Simon
HAEDO Juan José *
FEILLU Romain *
KRISTOFF Alexander *
VAN STAYEN Michael
VAN DIJK Stefan *
KEUKELEIRE Jens

I'd just cross reference with the opening post. With the additional info that Blythe will be sprinting for Lotto and Jamsque can't spell Keukaleukaleire.

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
More Strides than Rides said:
Farrar did get bested by both Boonen and Benatti only a week ago. This will be a different circumstance, but something to keep in mind.

That being said, I still want to tip Farrar :rolleyes:
Boonen had lots of help in GW final, Farrar had none. I think Tyler can more than handle himself here, and I agree with those who say Boonen will just be getting in some race kilometers... can't imagine him really contesting the final.

On the other hand, if you're JV, you just can't roll all your marbles at PR with Thor still not looking the best. This is a winnable race for Garmin and they have to try.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Captain_Cavman said:
I'd just cross reference with the opening post. With the additional info that Blythe will be sprinting for Lotto and Jamsque can't spell Keukaleukaleire.

Hey, I do too know how to spell Koukoulachoo!

May 15, 2009
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
guys, I need your help!

HAMMOND Roger
DEGENKOLB John *
VANMARCKE Sep
RASMUSSEN Alex
CHICCHI Francesco
BLYTHE Adam
BOS Theo *
WIGGINS Bradley
SPILAK Simon
HAEDO Juan José *
FEILLU Romain *
KRISTOFF Alexander *
VAN STAYEN Michael
VAN DIJK Stefan *
KEUKELEIRE Jens

Degenkolb wont take part in this race.