• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Adderall XR

Apr 29, 2010
I just tested 20 mg on myself for the first time.

AMAZING! 9+ hours of phenomenal energy.

Discuss re: athletics and academic/work performance and ethics.

Aug 6, 2009
A question-how'd you get your hands on it if it wasn't prescribed by a doctor? Over the internet?

Jan 18, 2011
I know some people who crashed and burned on that stuff. You don't get 9+ hours of phenomenal energy without a cost.

Aug 6, 2009
I read an article, I think in GQ magazine, where the author was on Adderall for a while.

I don't remember the exact details, but I believe he said that in exchange for the extra work he was able to do, his creativity was compromised.

He didn't feel like he was "himself".

The drug definitely has its' benefits and its' drawbacks. It all depends on what you suffer from and how it can help you.

Apr 29, 2010
datalore said:
I know some people who crashed and burned on that stuff. You don't get 9+ hours of phenomenal energy without a cost.
Right. I think it's kind of crazy that they prescribe this stuff for people to use day in and day out for years on end. Can't be good for your system?

My other point is that at the University here, the students can get a prescription almost at will if they know what to say to the doc. It's kind of like how medical marijuana is here in Colorado: the prescription is a de facto licensing system for recreational/performance enhancing use.

I've never taken any prescription brain drugs before, and I'm absolutely blown away by the potency. I feel like I could CRUSH a bike ride right now, but I'm going to try to write instead. Just cleaned my office for like 3 hours LOL.

Apr 29, 2010
Berzin said:
A question-how'd you get your hands on it if it wasn't prescribed by a doctor? Over the internet?
No a student gave it to me a while ago. They share this stuff all the time. (I didn't give him any grade favors or anything).

Feb 22, 2011
Rip:30 said:
Right. I think it's kind of crazy that they prescribe this stuff for people to use day in and day out for years on end. Can't be good for your system?

My other point is that at the University here, the students can get a prescription almost at will if they know what to say to the doc. It's kind of like how medical marijuana is here in Colorado: the prescription is a de facto licensing system for recreational/performance enhancing use.

I've never taken any prescription brain drugs before, and I'm absolutely blown away by the potency. I feel like I could CRUSH a bike ride right now, but I'm going to try to write instead. Just cleaned my office for like 3 hours LOL.
I have been on Ritalin/Ritalin SR 20mg on and off for about 10 years, since suffering a brain injury in a car accident. I can't speak to adderall, but the drugs are similar. I think you'll find that it's like a number of drugs that end up being addictive because the first time is actually the best. If you need the drug to improve a real condition like I do, then you'll find there's no need to chase after the original high feeling. It's just a tool in an arsenal to alleviate the post-concussion symptoms I experience. If you're after the Day One rush, you'll find it very hard to come by on day two.

Apr 29, 2010
skippythepinhead said:
I have been on Ritalin/Ritalin SR 20mg on and off for about 10 years, since suffering a brain injury in a car accident. I can't speak to adderall, but the drugs are similar. I think you'll find that it's like a number of drugs that end up being addictive because the first time is actually the best. If you need the drug to improve a real condition like I do, then you'll find there's no need to chase after the original high feeling. It's just a tool in an arsenal to alleviate the post-concussion symptoms I experience. If you're after the Day One rush, you'll find it very hard to come by on day two.
Sorry to hear. Didn't mean to imply there aren't legitimate uses. I do feel good right now though!!!

Aug 7, 2010
20mg Fukitol

I took a 20mg Fukitol on Friday, pretty much haven't left the couch since. I can't find the remote and the TV is sorta stuck on PBS and it's pledge week here...but I don't care. Haven't showered, haven't shaved, I'm eating Pringles and Ben & Jerry's...but I don't care. :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Fausto's Schnauzer said:
I took a 20mg Fukitol on Friday, pretty much haven't left the couch since. I can't find the remote and the TV is sorta stuck on PBS and it's pledge week here...but I don't care. Haven't showered, haven't shaved, I'm eating Pringles and Ben & Jerry's...but I don't care. :rolleyes:
meh, sick of those Chevron ads on Jim Lehrer spruiking their renewable energy, but sort of feel may as well freeload, and let them pay. Gwen Ifill> Condoleezza Rice. She gave the man ***** Imus a smackdown.

Feb 22, 2011
Rip:30 said:
Sorry to hear. Didn't mean to imply there aren't legitimate uses. I do feel good right now though!!!
No doubt--the only problem is you've got to plan the crash right. I recommend three or four 200mg ibuprofen prophylicatically, and lots of water.

Aug 6, 2009
I don't think the feeling of chasing the next high is really fair for drugs that are supposed to help you with whatever symptoms a person is suffering from.

It may be like that for some because everyone's reactions will be different, but for others prescription drugs offer hope and help, not just a crash-and-burn flameout as if one were smoking crack or crystal meth.

Jun 16, 2010
skippythepinhead said:
I have been on Ritalin/Ritalin SR 20mg on and off for about 10 years, since suffering a brain injury in a car accident.
Hi Skippy,

The best treatment by far for traumatic brain injury (TBI) is hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It is the only treatment that actually helps heal, and not just treat the symptoms.

It is expensive and time consuming, at least in this country. Normal protocol is five sessions per week for eight weeks (forty sessions). Then take a month off and repeat. Keep repeating until you don't see any more improvements.

I helped start a clinic here in Colorado. Our first patient was a fifty year old man who had horrible chronic headaches and was taking a half-dozen medications after a car crash five years prior. After the first treatment he said that it was the first time in five years that he hadn't had a headache. An hour later it came back, but with each treatment it tool longer for the headache to return. After a week he could go overnight with no headache. After three weeks he could go over the weekend without headaches. I think he ended up doing two or three sessions of forty treatments and it completely changed his life.

You are in the chamber for an hour at pressure, breathing pure oxygen. It takes about ten minutes to pressurize and ten minute to depressurize. You also need to change clothes, so figure 90 minutes for each session plus travel time both ways.

Typical costs in the US are $150 per session, so that's $6,000 for a batch of forty. Not cheap, but worth it to get your life back. In the UK people with MS have set up a co-op network and each treatment is only $20 or so. Someday insurance will pay for it, but don't hold your breath.

Just do an internet search on "brain injury hbot OR hyperbaric" (that is the correct syntax for Google. If you need help finding a good clinic nearby to where you live, let me know. Don't bother with "mild HBOT". Waste of time and money.

And if anybody knows Soler's family, for heaven's sake please send the man to an HBOT facility as quickly as possible.

Jan 18, 2011
skippythepinhead said:
If you're after the Day One rush, you'll find it very hard to come by on day two.
+1. As with any other potent stimulant, you don't see the same performance benefits with prolonged use, so in the long term, it is a mistake to use it for anything that requires consistently high performance. After a certain period of use, people find that they need it just to attain their previous baseline level of performance.

Jun 18, 2011
as someone who actually takes meds like adderall(i take vyvanse) due to ADHD, I can say that they do wonders. Without them I honestly can't concentrate at all, and its impossible to get large amounts of work done. However, as someone pointed out before, be careful with it, because you won't feel like yourself. On stuff like adderall, you also will tend to not get hungry or, thirsty, so force yourself to eat and drink plenty. When I first switched to vyvanse, I hadn't been taking my meds regularly, and I lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks:eek:. When coupled with endurance sports, that becomes a huge deal.

Feb 22, 2011
scullster46 said:
as someone who actually takes meds like adderall(i take vyvanse) due to ADHD, I can say that they do wonders. Without them I honestly can't concentrate at all, and its impossible to get large amounts of work done. However, as someone pointed out before, be careful with it, because you won't feel like yourself. On stuff like adderall, you also will tend to not get hungry or, thirsty, so force yourself to eat and drink plenty. When I first switched to vyvanse, I hadn't been taking my meds regularly, and I lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks:eek:. When coupled with endurance sports, that becomes a huge deal.
I hope my post was not seen as implying there is no use for these drugs. I was talking about asymptomatic individuals taking them just to take them. There is a very real difference between therapeutic and non-therapeutic use.

Jun 18, 2011
skippythepinhead said:
I hope my post was not seen as implying there is no use for these drugs. I was talking about asymptomatic individuals taking them just to take them. There is a very real difference between therapeutic and non-therapeutic use.
no, I understood what you were saying, just wanted to give some perspective from my experience with them. Also, even though you could technically say that they are therapeutic for my case, I still would consider them as performance enhancers, as they are being used for that purpose. In fact, ADD medications are on the banned substance list for the NCAA. It was quite a bit of a shock when I was asked to procure test results proving I needed the meds in order to get medical exemption :D

May 26, 2010
skippythepinhead said:
heroin addicts experience the same and spend the rest of their drug life intake trying desperately to recapture that first rush, 'chasing the dragon'..:(

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts