• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alpine summer season

I know things vary a lot, but does anyone know a good source for typical/average open times for the Alpine passes?

My plan A for 2020 in July is probably dead with the travel restrictions (and increased family commitments with the schools shut.) And the original >2000m climbs in Switzerland will be mostly off the menu by September. Thinking now of some of the lower big passes around Cluses/Salanches (so Colombiere, Romme, Joux Plane etc) late-summer early-autumn when the kids are back in school. I've been on the Colombiere in mid-Sept before, but no idea how typical that was. Anyone know a website that collates history on these things?

TRENDING THREADS