Andy Schleck and dope

Jan 20, 2011
352
0
0
Obviously his brother and Fuentes had an association or 'agreement'. Is if fair to paint him with the same brush? Is there information I'm missing?
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
On the old Cyanide forum going there was a guy called Aquarius, who knew his stuff also did some cycling to a certain level and said the word in the(French)junior cycling scene was that Andy was on the full gear way back then.
 
Sanitiser said:
Obviously his brother and Fuentes had an association or 'agreement'. Is if fair to paint him with the same brush? Is there information I'm missing?
its not entirely fair to take the line that Frank doped so Andy must. You cant be responsible for the behaviour of others.

But the scummy way Frank got away with it and the closeness of the 2, certainatly add to this perception.

But as far as im concerned, none of this matters too much because it is a step i can not take, to believe that someone who is matching Contador (10) Di luca, piepoli (07) in the mountains, is doing it clean.

For those who believe that it is possible to dope and get away with it, Andy Schleck is the most suspicious rider. Simple as that.
 
Now that Contador has gone down, Andy becomes the main target for those of us who both think the top guys dope and want a clean sport no matter what. Andy would need Indurain-levels of niceness to save himself from our wrath, too bad he's kind of a douche.
 
Sanitiser said:
So far no solid evidence.
Sometimes, simple logic has to make do. Because of the difficulty in getting a) a positive test (see Kohl and Landis on this) or b) rider throws away career by confessing, we have to make do without.

So we take all the pieces of the puzzle and see what fits. Theres a small square in the middle thats missing, and the big triangle labelled "Franks brother is matching known dopers while clean" doesnt look as likely to fit as the small square labelled "andy Schleck dopes"
 
Jan 20, 2011
352
0
0
The other more armchair psychology thing is that most cycling fans dislike Andy but he and his brother were likeable enough to take half of Saxobank away with them including lovable Jens, Cancellera and lesser extent O'Grady. Or was Bjarne that just much a ****?
 
Dec 29, 2009
409
0
0
they all dope, especially at that level. anyone who does not believe that is a dope.

erader
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
I think it is very unfair to tag ashleck as a fueler. If he has passed his drug tests and has passed the strict conduct/ethic code that the posters adhere to on cyclingnews, Andy is most certainly a geneticlly gifted young man
 
Sanitiser said:
With Lance there is enough circumstantial 'pieces' to make the puzzle fit, I really don't see that's the case with Andy as yet.

The other more armchair psychology thing is that most cycling fans dislike Andy but he and his brother were likeable enough to take half of Saxobank away with them including lovable Jens, Cancellera and lesser extent O'Grady. Or was Bjarne that just much a ****?

Armstrong took 7 of the other 8 riders from TdF 2009 with him to Radioshack .... the only one who didnt go was Contador.

Doesnt mean he didnt dope or is a likable guy either....
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
i dont think its that unfair to tar them with the same brush. they are brothers, always ridden together. think its safe to assume andy knows what frank is up to and vice versa.

Doesnt help that andy annoys the living crap out of me, bth as a rider, and a personality.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
I posted this in another topic, but I think it's appropriate here:

The most telling is that, while a clean rider would be extremely angry at being robbed of a win by a doper, Contador's drugs couldn't be farther from Schleck's mind.
Instead, he's demuring on the minor point of the chain slip.

That speaks volumes.
 
Dec 18, 2009
451
0
0
flicker said:
I think it is very unfair to tag ashleck as a fueler. If he has passed his drug tests and has passed the strict conduct/ethic code that the posters adhere to on cyclingnews, Andy is most certainly a geneticlly gifted young man
Correct - a family history of cycling .
 
The Hitch said:
its not entirely fair to take the line that Frank doped so Andy must. You cant be responsible for the behaviour of others.

But the scummy way Frank got away with it and the closeness of the 2, certainatly add to this perception.

But as far as im concerned, none of this matters too much because it is a step i can not take, to believe that someone who is matching Contador (10) Di luca, piepoli (07) in the mountains, is doing it clean.

For those who believe that it is possible to dope and get away with it, Andy Schleck is the most suspicious rider. Simple as that.
Basically this.
As Jan Ullrich said: if you can't add 1 + 1 then i can't help you.

With the doping issues in the creme de la creme of the cycling top in the past decade it seems like there are very few real contenders not linked to dope. And he would be the best of them all without dope, seems unlikely.

Add to this that he is extremely close to his brother, and his brother paid Fuentes.

I will still enjoy his performances, but i don't believe he is clean. All imo off course, can't prove anything.
 
Jan 27, 2010
168
0
0
i don't believe for a minute that his brother is dirty and he is clean. either both are or both aren't.
 
Aug 30, 2010
116
0
0
Sanitiser said:
So far no solid evidence.
I dunno... remember the stage where he, Frank and Bertie sprinted over the alps without breaking much of a sweat? I think it was in 2009... that is pretty solid evidence.
 
Apr 28, 2010
1,588
0
0
Roninho said:
Add to this that he is extremely close to his brother, and his brother paid Fuentes.
Given how close they are I'd be surprised if that payment was just for "interval sessions" (or whatever it was called) for Fronk.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS