• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone done UCI Tour of Senegal?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone out there done the UCI 2.2 Tour of Senegal? I'm just wondering what the "hotels" are like? I've done races in Central Africa in the past and the conditions were sometimes "intersting", just trying to get a bit of a heads-up on things.

Cheers for any advice.
Sim

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
If you did central I did south and have raced with guys from Senegal,always the best. Hot water and really big shrimp should do you fine. Watch your everything if you are self supported(bike and wheels in room)You can't put bike in a safety deposit box and this may sound dumb but lock everything together all the time.Bolt cutters are harder to carry in hotel hallways without being seen.Watch out for creamy brown beauties that will only make you want to stay and not want to race. Best bread and soup I have had in my life.Not to offend the cleaning staff anywhere but E.Germany, Mexico,Brazil,S.Africa,Croatia have all pinched my stuff.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey, cool thanks for that. I'm actually pretty familliar with that whole aspect of it and have raced with the Senegalese before. It's more the details and nitty gritty of that exact event I was after.

Much like you say, I've found the best thing is to become a minimalist for a couple weeks, take nothing over with you and all should be fine. :)
Cheers.
Sim

TRENDING THREADS