April 30th, Tour de Romandie Stage 4 ITT: Aubonne - Signal-de-Bougy, 20.1km

Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
April 30th, Tour de Romandie Stage 4 ITT: Aubonne - Signal-de-Bougy, 20.1km

Official profile

Unofficial profile but probably more accurate.


Stage Map

1 Pavel Brutt (Rus) Katusha Team 12:31:34
2 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Pro Team Astana 0:00:32
3 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:00:38
4 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:42
5 Gorka Verdugo Marcotegui (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:00:46
6 Steve Morabito (Swi) BMC Racing Team 0:00:50
7 Beñat Intxausti Elorriaga (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:51
8 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Leopard Trek
9 Pieter Weening (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team
10 Thomas Rohregger (Aut) Leopard Trek 0:00:52
11 Marcel Wyss (Swi) Geox-TMC
12 Simon Spilak (Slo) Lampre - ISD 0:00:53
13 David Lopez Garcia (Spa) Movistar Team
14 Thomas Danielson (USA) Team Garmin-Cervelo
15 Marco Pinotti (Ita) HTC-Highroad 0:00:55
16 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:00:56
17 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Team RadioShack 0:00:58
18 Peter Stetina (USA) Team Garmin-Cervelo 0:01:03
19 Denis Menchov (Rus) Geox-TMC
20 John Gadret (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
21 Tony Martin (Ger) HTC-Highroad 0:01:18
22 David Millar (GBr) Team Garmin-Cervelo 0:01:20


Startlist, Feeds and other information - steephill

3D Flyover

Start times
 
Jul 28, 2010
2,274
0
0
Martin for the win.
Can't decide who will take the lead though between Evans and Vino.
Vino starting after Cadel is a big advantage though.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Libertine Seguros said:
Given the profile, it may be worth drawing a bit of attention to Beñat Intxausti and Tom Danielson.
I bolded Beñat Intxausti but BroDeal would be horrified if I bolded Tommy Danielson.:D

Evans: "I'm getting better and better," Evans said. "It's been good so far, so I have every reason to believe I'm going into the time trial to do something on GC and even for the stage." .Tomorrow's 20 km time trial? Very simple, as usual; start flat-out, hold it to the finish. Fastest man will win...."

Morabito: ""It will be a really hard time trial, particularly with some climbs at the start and then up-and-down after that. It's going to be hard to keep the speed high."
 
Jul 28, 2010
2,274
0
0
Libertine Seguros said:
Given the profile, it may be worth drawing a bit of attention to Beñat Intxausti and Tom Danielson.
Intxausti did do a good ITT in Pais Vasco if I recall, so he definitely can do well.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
Hard to say. I think Brajkovic will win this TT. Should be something for him.

TT:
Brajkovic
Martin
Evans

GC after TT:
Evans
Vino
Brajkovic
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Race for GC

Vino
Cunego +6s
Evans +10s
Morabito +18s
Pinotti +23s
Brajkovic +26s
Menchov +31s
Martin +46s
Millar +48s

I quite like Pinotti on this course but depends on his form.

Selected start times

14:22:00 62 PHINNEY Taylor BMC
14:38:00 111 PORTE Richie SBS
14:41:00 42 BOBRIDGE Jack GRM
14:55:00 97 KONOVALOVAS Ignatas MOV
15:06:00 48 MEYER Cameron GRM
15:08:00 72 GERAINT Thomas SKY
15:29:00 71 WIGGINS Bradley SKY
15:31:00 171 KREUZIGER Roman AST
15:36:00 31 SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon RAB
15:52:00 151 PERAUD Jean-Christophe ALM
LIVE COVERAGE STARTS
16:02:00 12 ZUBELDIA AGIRRE Haimar RSH
16:28:00 41 MILLAR David GRM
16:30:00 27 MARTIN Tony THR
16:34:00 191 MENCHOV Denis GEO
16:38:00 11 BRAJKOVIC Janez RSH
16:48:00 1 SPILAK Simon LAM
16:58:00 91 INTXAUSTI Beñat MOV
17:00:00 63 MORABITO Steve BMC
17:02:00 146 VERDUGO MARCOTEGUI EUS
17:04:00 61 EVANS Cadel BMC
17:06:00 2 CUNEGO Damiano LAM
17:08:00 177 VINOKOUROV Alexandre AST
17:10:00 136 BRUTT Pavel KAT
 
May 23, 2010
292
0
0
I think Evans must be feeling very good. It is not like him to come out and say that he fancies his chances of maybe even winning the stage. He is normally more cautious. Based on what he has done so far this year in TT's I would expect him to do his best work in the final 10km. At any rate, should be very close between the favourites and, hopefully, exciting.
 
May 27, 2010
5,376
0
0
Woody22 said:
I think Evans must be feeling very good. It is not like him to come out and say that he fancies his chances of maybe even winning the stage. He is normally more cautious. Based on what he has done so far this year in TT's I would expect him to do his best work in the final 10km. At any rate, should be very close between the favourites and, hopefully, exciting.
+1 evans usually doesnt like to say that he is feeling good or anything, so he must be feeling really strong. Its the first time I have seen him talk like that. Not sure if he will top the GC because of vino.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
dlwssonic said:
I think vino should have conserved his energy for the TT
He would of not burned that much more energy than cadel did. tbh cadel was right up there in the finish trying to close the gap.

I'm interested to see what Morabito can do. He isn't a great time trialler but this course will suit him well with the undulations.
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
dlwssonic said:
I think vino should have conserved his energy for the TT
That was his plan originally:
“My legs are responding well,” the Kazakh said, “but I’ve been holding back for tomorrow’s time trial. I wasn’t keen to attack today, but I saw Tony Martin go clear, and I said to myself, ‘That could go all the way.’ So I went from behind and bridged up.”
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/news/alexander-vinokourov-wins-stage-at-tour-de-romandie-pavel-brutt-keeps-lead_170413


Btw, thanks for that OP, ACF94. Good info, good links...good stuff! :)
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Granville57 said:
That was his plan originally:




Btw, thanks for that OP, ACF94. Good info, good links...good stuff! :)
my pleasure. :)


It is also Ivan Santaromita's birthday today. Have a good ride Ivan!
 
May 27, 2010
5,376
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
He would of not burned that much more energy than cadel did. tbh cadel was right up there in the finish trying to close the gap.

I'm interested to see what Morabito can do. He isn't a great time trialler but this course will suit him well with the undulations.
yes morabito is another one to watch out in the BMC camp. top5 maybe. he is becoming a good one week stage racer. evans seems extremely cofident saying that he will even try to go for the stage win. GO EVANS!
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
dlwssonic said:
yes morabito is another one to watch out in the BMC camp. top5 maybe. he is becoming a good one week stage racer. evans seems extremely cofident saying that he will even try to go for the stage win. GO EVANS!
yep, BMC need one of those riders that isn't Cadel. He could surprise a bit tonight.

Just like Andy and Alberto, Porte is blaming his allergies for bad peformance.:rolleyes:
 
May 27, 2010
5,376
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
yep, BMC need one of those riders that isn't Cadel. He could surprise a bit tonight.

Just like Andy and Alberto, Porte is blaming his allergies for bad peformance.:rolleyes:
Gotta say evans has made a real impact in the few race he has participated in this season, he is really getting better as he gets older. This season is probably better than his lasts. His form has just amazed me.
 
Nov 11, 2010
3,387
0
0
Millar should do pretty good. Be in the top 5 maybe. I'm really excited to see how Talasnky will do in the TT.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
dlwssonic said:
Gotta say evans has made a real impact in the few race he has participated in this season, he is really getting better as he gets older. This season is probably better than his lasts. His form has just amazed me.
Like a fine vino, he gets better with age!
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
dlwssonic said:
how has vino TT been recently?
9 Tour de Romandie, Prologue : Martigny I.T.T. 3.5km
15 Vuelta al Pais Vasco, Stage 6 : Zalla - Zalla I.T.T. 24km
15 Critérium International, Stage 3 : Porto-Vecchio I.T.T. 7km
11 Paris - Nice, Stage 6 : Rognes - Aix-en-Provence I.T.T. (27 km
19 Tour of Oman, Stage 5 : Bander Al Jissah I.T.T. 18.5km

He's definetly been solid.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY