Armstrong investigators weighing politics, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
This is why the truth must be spoken without regard to ANY other issues.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gdjG2toELBAG23-SMHLSM2e9GuWg?docId=cf9793db06b8446a81a3b56b13ad24af

I know some would like to create a compartmentalized fantasy world. It' just not the way it is folks.

Soon, maybe just weeks from now, federal prosecutors likely will need to make a choice. They either stop chasing Armstrong, or they present a charge that ties one of the world's most famous athletes to drug use.

It's a decision that involves more than simply weighing the evidence.

Armstrong's popularity, his wealth, his ties to powerful figures including former U.S. presidents, his vehement denials, scores of clean drug tests — and, above all, his status as a cancer survivor and advocate for eradicating the disease — make him an incredibly tough target.

Many of their comments were complaints about the government wasting its money when the economy was bad and unemployment high.

And Armstrong has even more-impressive friends in government. Earlier this month, he tweeted a thank you to George H.W. and Barbara Bush for their support. He has worked with the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton.
 

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
177
0
0
buckwheat said:
This is why the truth must be spoken without regard to ANY other issues.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gdjG2toELBAG23-SMHLSM2e9GuWg?docId=cf9793db06b8446a81a3b56b13ad24af

I know some would like to create a compartmentalized fantasy world. It' just not the way it is folks.

Soon, maybe just weeks from now, federal prosecutors likely will need to make a choice. They either stop chasing Armstrong, or they present a charge that ties one of the world's most famous athletes to drug use.

It's a decision that involves more than simply weighing the evidence.

Armstrong's popularity, his wealth, his ties to powerful figures including former U.S. presidents, his vehement denials, scores of clean drug tests — and, above all, his status as a cancer survivor and advocate for eradicating the disease — make him an incredibly tough target.

Many of their comments were complaints about the government wasting its money when the economy was bad and unemployment high.

And Armstrong has even more-impressive friends in government. Earlier this month, he tweeted a thank you to George H.W. and Barbara Bush for their support. He has worked with the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton.
I found this interesting. "Whatever the specifics of the evidence, federal lawyers already are being questioned about the wisdom of going after Armstrong. A person briefed on the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were private, said there's a debate within the Department of Justice and other federal offices about the investigation, and whom it should target."
 
What's even more interesting is this is the 3rd time this link has been posted to start a thread. Perhaps too much time stalking JV?

Go to "Give Lance a chance" - it's a much better thread.

Admins close this down.
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
Skandar Akbar said:
I found this interesting. "Whatever the specifics of the evidence, federal lawyers already are being questioned about the wisdom of going after Armstrong. A person briefed on the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were private, said there's a debate within the Department of Justice and other federal offices about the investigation, and whom it should target."
Yeah, that's because so many people, even the peanut gallery here, are justifying crap like certain major players not coming clean.

All of these other considerations which I've thoroughly debunked and gotten slammed for it.

It's a pathetic situation.
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
thehog said:
What's even more interesting is this is the 3rd time this link has been posted to start a thread. Perhaps too much time stalking JV?

Go to "Give Lance a chance" - it's a much better thread.

Admins close this down.
I didn't see it.

Stalking? BTW, tell me what the word "fan" is derived from.

See, these guys like JV want all the benefits of irrational fandom, but they don't want the scrutiny that is the other side of the coin.

Why you are the self appointed defender of JV is also beyond me.

You do your thing, I'll do mine.

You call me a stalker. What's your label?

Apologist?:)
 

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
177
0
0
thehog said:
What's even more interesting is this is the 3rd time this link has been posted to start a thread. Perhaps too much time stalking JV?

Go to "Give Lance a chance" - it's a much better thread.

Admins close this down.
I did not read that thread yet.
Thank you for the information thehog. @ the hog off-topic but what is the stalking JV part all about?
 

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
177
0
0
buckwheat said:
Yeah, that's because so many people, even the peanut gallery here, are justifying crap like certain major players not coming clean.

All of these other considerations which I've thoroughly debunked and gotten slammed for it.

It's a pathetic situation.
I see your point. It appears that Armstrong has more than a few well placed political types who for the moment, support him not the Federal investigation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS