• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong pulling a Pete Rose

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of similarities between the 2. Both American icons that were both accused of doing something so unthinkable that they couldn't have possibly done. Both had mountains of evidence against them. I picture Lance doing the semi-admit thing as Rose eventually got around to. The "kinda I did kinda I didn't" approach... Rose never really recovered from his deal...will Lance?

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I kinda respect Pete Rose. His problems were gambling, and betting against his own teams when they sucked. And the Reds sucked a lot in his later years. Pete was totally wrong in his doings, but he certainly isn't the d-bag on the level of Lance Armstrong.

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
I kinda respect Pete Rose. His problems were gambling, and betting against his own teams when they sucked. And the Reds sucked a lot in his later years. Pete was totally wrong in his doings, but he certainly isn't the d-bag on the level of Lance Armstrong.

I don't really respect either one, but IMHO, there is very little in the world of sport that can compare to cheating and bullying your way to 7 TDF wins in a row.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I cannot wait to see Armstrong show up at Wednesday night parking lot crits and sign pictures of himself for $20.

He will do things with more control, probably like an Andy Hampsten,get people out in the country . Lance fantasy camp. 1000 dollars a weekend kind of thing.

fatandfast said:
He will do things with more control, probably like an Andy Hampsten,get people out in the country . Lance fantasy camp. 1000 dollars a weekend kind of thing.

People like to be around Hampsten. He's a nice guy. Armstrong is an ass. If he has to survive on people paying to hang out with him, he's boned.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:

:eek: That doesn't sound good at all. :D

BroDeal said:
I cannot wait to see Armstrong show up at Wednesday night parking lot crits and sign pictures of himself for $20.

Nobody would pay Lance $20 for that. He'd have to give them away. Better yet, I'd take $20 from Lance for his signed picture. It would make a great dart board. :D

More likely he'd show up in front of Wall-Mart in Decmeber in a red Santa suit ringing a bell. (They better have a hidden cam on the pot of money)