• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arnaud Démare discussion thread

Didn't see a thread about this rider before so I'm opening one.

861460-demare.jpg

Arnaud Démare is known as an hardman sprinter, a type of cyclist who is fast enough to win a sprint after a tough day of racing. That's why his focus is on the Classics and bunch sprints in stage races.

He won Milano-Sanremo this year (as seen in the picture) and is a former U23 world champion and french national champion. He is also known for his rivalry with Nacer Bouhanni, another successful french sprinter and former teammate.

His schedule for 2017
- Etoile de Bessèges (1 au 5 février)
- Tour d'Algarve (15 au 19 février)
- Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (25 février)
- Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne (26 fevrier)
- Paris-Nice (5 mars au 12 mars)
- Milan-San Remo (18 mars)
- A travers la Flandre/Dwars Door Vlaanderen (22 mars)
- Gent Wevelgem (26 mars)
- Tour des Flandres/De Ronde van Vlaanderen (2 avril)
- Grand Prix de l'Escault/Scheldeprijs (5 avril)
- Paris-Roubaix (9 Avril)
- Grand Prix de Denain (13 avril) - A confirmer
- Tro Bro Léon (17 avril) - A confirmer

-- Coupure --

- 4 Jours de Dunkerque - Tour des Hauts de France (9 au 14 mai)
- Critérium du Dauphiné or Tour de Suisse
- Championnat de France (25 juin)
- Tour De France (1er au 23 juillet)

His goals are the Classics and the Tour de France. He hasn't won a single GT stage in four participations, so that's a big objective.
Jacopo Guarnieri will join his sprint train.

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
IndianCyclist said:
He is equivalent to Bouhanni but hasn't won GT stages because of lack of sprint train in the finale or good strategy

Really? I always thought he was able to handle the hills a little better than Bouhanni and Bouhanni was the one with a little more pure speed.

Bouhanni is also better in the hills. I can't recall anything from Demare that comes anywhere near what Bouhanni has done in the Vuelta a few times for example.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Bouhanni is better on the climbs, but Demare has more raw power and probably the better engine for hard one day races.
Guarnieri and Cimolai could be the right guys to improve his train.
Is there a reason why Reza is not a part of his train? He used to be a leadout man for Coquard, so you'd think that FDJ would use him as a part of Démare's train.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Bouhanni is better on the climbs, but Demare has more raw power and probably the better engine for hard one day races.
Guarnieri and Cimolai could be the right guys to improve his train.
Is there a reason why Reza is not a part of his train? He used to be a leadout man for Coquard, so you'd think that FDJ would use him as a part of Démare's train.

Yeah this is what I was thinking I guess.

Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Good start into the season for him. Beating Kristoff twice and with this dominance is a huge moral boast. Watch out for MSR surprise win 2.0!
Very strong form indeed, and quite a margin today. Give him a little train, and he can obliterate the field. He can now compete and win against Kristoff, I think that he may surprise the other big names too.

MSR 2.0? I would love it. He's the moral winner regardless, even before the race takes place ;) .

Pokes at Netserk put aside, I'm happy for him. This could be his breakthrough year.

TRENDING THREADS