• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Arnaud De Lie’s Hips Don’t Lie Discussion Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Think it's moronic to have a schedule where you cut RvV because it's too much.
Maybe. Depends on the rider. Positioning is everything at RVV, and if that's something a rider struggles with, and it wouldn't surprise me with a young rider, it might not be a great goal when this young. But I really have no idea, just looking for possible reasons. Maybe the length is daunting.

That said, he's Belgian. Bike handling at Flanders should be instinct. :D

Last edited:
Maybe. Depends on the rider. Positioning is everything at RVV, and if that's something a rider struggles with, and it wouldn't surprise me with a young rider, it might not be a great goal when this young. But I really have no idea, just looking for possible reasons. Maybe the length is daunting.

That said, he's Belgian.
Even if positioning is too much of a problem, best get used to it, no? I don't see the upside of not racing it "until he's ready"

3 wins out of 4 racing days for De Lie. He could actually rival someone like Pogačar in the number of wins by the end of the season. Huge talent.

It's great but apart from Samyn he's not riding a single "easier" race anymore till May. He won't keep winning this easily obviously. He still has a lot to learn in classic races (position, following his teammates wheels is still something he should get better at for example).

I had to find this thread on page 3 - imagine that.
Impressive again from him, being part of a decisive move, outsprinting the upcoming bunch, being the fastest up De Muur (I think), handling the pressure and expectations very well - and all that aged 20. I hope he keeps his down-to-earth attitude and keeps enjoying himself on the road.

I hope he keeps his down-to-earth attitude and keeps enjoying himself on the road.

Exactly…

Lefevere wants to sign him after 2024. I hope de Lie stays at his current team. With him, Lotto could have golden times like with van Petegem or Tchmil.

De Lie at Soudal QS would be boring. This team wins everything anyways, yet. But de Lie at Lotto Dstny, that fits well.

Lefevere still can sign Bingoal‘s Robeet. That‘s a very good rider, who‘d benefit from a transfer to WT.

Still 2 years to go at Lotto, right? Can’t imagine him staying after that period, since the way he’s developing, Lotto won’t be able to pay him his wages. Although I can see him stay out of loyalty.

QS just can't pay him more than Lotto as long as Remco and his climbtrain is there lol. Remco is not going to be happy if the whole Alaphilippe budget goes to someone who can't help Remco when it matters.

With Ewans budget freeing up after 2024 De Lie's wages won't be the problem, the question is do they have enough money to also pay doms and other good riders in their teams (you can't just have De Lie). Ridley would be incredibly stupid to not put extra money in. A guy like De Lie riding on their bikes is what they have always wanted. They are still sad they didn't go full in for Van Aert (they had the money ready).

There's not that many teams that will offer De Lie more than Lotto. I don't see him going to any of the super rich teams anytime soon as he appreciates the family aspect of a team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
QS just can't pay him more than Lotto as long as Remco and his climbtrain is there lol. Remco is not going to be happy if the whole Alaphilippe budget goes to someone who can't help Remco when it matters.

With Ewans budget freeing up after 2024 De Lie's wages won't be the problem, the question is do they have enough money to also pay doms and other good riders in their teams (you can't just have De Lie). Ridley would be incredibly stupid to not put extra money in. A guy like De Lie riding on their bikes is what they have always wanted. They are still sad they didn't go full in for Van Aert (they had the money ready).

There's not that many teams that will offer De Lie more than Lotto. I don't see him going to any of the super rich teams anytime soon as he appreciates the family aspect of a team.
As if Remco decides who to buy. Lefevere is the manager and decides the direction of the team, he wants classics and GT, so he’ll try to get both.

Why would De Lie stay with a team where his team mates are not good enough to help him? Yesterday he was all alone in the end. So even if no one will pay him more than Lotto he still doesn’t have the support he would have at a richer and better team.

As if Remco decides who to buy. Lefevere is the manager and decides the direction of the team, he wants classics and GT, so he’ll try to get both.

Why would De Lie stay with a team where his team mates are not good enough to help him? Yesterday he was all alone in the end. So even if no one will pay him more than Lotto he still doesn’t have the support he would have at a richer and better team.

Cause the sponsors are only there because of Remco lol.

Yes, and QS was reaaaally strong yesterday. Impressive. He would've had so much help. Ofcourse he would have more support at the superteams, but there's also enough downsides at riding for one of them as a young Walloon.

TRENDING THREADS