• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian NRS sanction

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
When you stop to consider that there are guys who go straight from the NRS to ProTour and Pro Continental teams (such as Porte, Sulzberger, Howard) and hit the ground running are you really surprised?
What I am suprised is that any member of any national anti doping plan with ASADA is stupid enough to try anything knowing that sooner or later they will be tested any sanction to any of these young guys at this early stage of their carrear spells an end so its back to school or the dole for him.

what skills dose hye have apart from cycling that is what he was tought at school. start over again at something else.
was he good enough without the steroids who will ever know.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
There is cheating in every level of cycling. We have people get busted on state level (even as low as C-grade... though you gotta wonder whether it is worth the money of testing). We have people get done at national level, and pros get done. I'm not naiive, but i think the claims that people competing in the aus NRS are jacked up and this is what enabled them to jump to pro-conti and pro teams is a little unfair and unfounded.

Now alot of you are probably going to disagree with me, and thats ok. However i've raced a few rounds of the NRS, and will do more and i can tell you that what these boys acheive is easily possible clean, cos i ride and race clean. I know i don't win on a national level yet, but i don't feel that i'm out of my depth. If i had the opportunities as the others do (training pretty much full time, heading to europe for 3 months a year + a little more experience) i don't think i would have any trouble taking the next step. People need to quit with the whole "he races his bike pretty well, he must be junked up". this is what is truly naiive.

:p
ambrose said:
There is cheating in every level of cycling. We have people get busted on state level (even as low as C-grade... though you gotta wonder whether it is worth the money of testing). We have people get done at national level, and pros get done. I'm not naiive, but i think the claims that people competing in the aus NRS are jacked up and this is what enabled them to jump to pro-conti and pro teams is a little unfair and unfounded.

Now alot of you are probably going to disagree with me, and thats ok. However i've raced a few rounds of the NRS, and will do more and i can tell you that what these boys acheive is easily possible clean, cos i ride and race clean. I know i don't win on a national level yet, but i don't feel that i'm out of my depth. If i had the opportunities as the others do (training pretty much full time, heading to europe for 3 months a year + a little more experience) i don't think i would have any trouble taking the next step. People need to quit with the whole "he races his bike pretty well, he must be junked up". this is what is truly naiive.

I've raced at that level in the past as well (although it was 8+ years ago :p) and I definately agree that it's possible clean. However, there were a few guys I raced with and against who wouldn't have surprised me at all if they turned out to be chargers - not because of their results, just win-at-all-costs alpha male types.

FWIW, I often feel like banging my head against the desk when I see the successful rider of the week go straight to the top of the clinic threads, but how often have we been and continue to be let down? The uncertainty really sucks :(

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
ambrose said:

Verry well put it can and is done without drugs the drugs we get at this level will not do much for cycling performance.
to get any benifit out of testosterone you need it up around 30 pmol and that would cause issues.
Stiff legs, soar joints insominia and hot sweats very uncomfortable most of the time.
keep it up and the body will stop producing it so then your in real trouble.

in reality anything that will give a performance boost worth while is way out of the pocket money these guys get
it also needs a doctor to monitor it. No use asking AIS for it.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
GLAD to see that "targeted or not" that ACTION WAS TAKEN !

A level playing field even in the junior ranks will ensure that ANY AUSSIES who rise to prominence will not disgrace their FAMILY <FRIENDS & COUNTRY !

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
skippy said:
GLAD to see that "targeted or not" that ACTION WAS TAKEN !

A level playing field even in the junior ranks will ensure that ANY AUSSIES who rise to prominence will not disgrace their FAMILY <FRIENDS & COUNTRY !

I don't think Aussies need to get busted for doping for that to occur...

Oooo... sorry, bad joke...

TRENDING THREADS