• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bahrain - McLaren

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Their TdF selection of course is still a side show compared to everything the team had to go through with the death of Gino.

I guess they decided to bring Haig along to have support there for Landa and Bilbao. I'm surprised they decided to bring a sprint duo of Bauhaus-Arndt as Bauhaus is not a top 10 sprinter. But hehas one here and there + some good WT results so probably like most teams they are not getting all-in in one category but go all over the place with Sprint, Stage hunting (Mohoric, Wright, Bilbao?) and GC (landa, Bilbao?)

Haig as already 53 race days. I don't think it's a good idea for him to go to the Tour despite being 5th at Dauphine. I hope he doesn't burn out.

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
Their TdF selection of course is still a side show compared to everything the team had to go through with the death of Gino.

I guess they decided to bring Haig along to have support there for Landa and Bilbao. I'm surprised they decided to bring a sprint duo of Bauhaus-Arndt as Bauhaus is not a top 10 sprinter. But hehas one here and there + some good WT results so probably like most teams they are not getting all-in in one category but go all over the place with Sprint, Stage hunting (Mohoric, Wright, Bilbao?) and GC (landa, Bilbao?)

Haig as already 53 race days. I don't think it's a good idea for him to go to the Tour despite being 5th at Dauphine. I hope he doesn't burn out.

Bringing Haig seems to be a reflex to him being strong at the Dauphine but how often do riders go for GC at the Giro, ride Dauphine and have a strong TDF. I can't remember anybody doing that previously. Maybe he replaced Mader as well but surely there was another option. Also that will mean he won't get the chance to get a bad luck free run at GC this season just like last year and arguably the year before that as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just signed a very important sponsor deal!

Any team must have an official coffee partner. :coffee:

TRENDING THREADS