• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BEIN Giro Coverage Fail

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the email address on the other thread, Carols.

Right now (on a day I look forward to like many people look forward to Christmas) I am SO ANGRY I need to step away from the keyboard.:mad:

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just watched most of a replay of stage 1 on beIN which included the race post-Garmin crash and even a shot of the podium. I don't remember seeing any replays listed in the channel guide when I checked earlier today. Looks like the hate mail made an impression.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Sh!tty live streams over questionable links on the internet FTW! :p :D

Seriously though, I always watch live coverage over internet streams when I can. The TV coverage I watch later for a second viewing or if I was unable to catch the race live. In fact watching Bein's coverage right now, wonder how long I'll get into it?

On the bright side today was just a team time trial, so not a ton of action is missed if you relied on Bein's coverage.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I should clarify....I watch on a DishWorld app and there is a BeIN and BeIN Espanol. The announcer said to switch to BeIN Espanol for the remainder of the coverage (the schedule also said BeIn Espanol was playing cycling) but when I turned it on it was only the BeIN logo with music and no coverage. I may have mistakenly referred to BeIN Espanol as BeIN2. I will watch the replay and catch the end.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
observer said:
sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral generally has a very good stream. Commentary by Matt Keenan, i think you might have to get around geo-blocking.

I've got the Hola app on my google Chrome browser. Which lets you change the country websites identify you in. Thus allowing you to get around the geo blocking of some sites. :)

Usually I just go with Eurosport which works well enough. Although some of their commentators get on your nerves and they go to commercials often. what's the commercial situation on SBS? A lot or a little.

yeah this was friggin' ridiculous

luckily i get the spanish beIN for some reason, so i just switched to that. it didn't really bother me because listening to a language i don't understand instead of listening to Carlton Kirby is honestly a toss-up, if not slightly better, but it would have seriously sucked if i didn't have that channel. hopefully this was just because the race was on much later than usual and won't happen for the rest of the Giro.

other than that i think beIN does a decent job. very few commercial breaks and they're usually very short, and this is the first year i'm able to see the Giro in HD on my television, so i wont complain too much. it was just a TTT.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
zlev11 said:
i get the spanish beIN for some reason, so i just switched to that.

So you did get coverage on the BeIN Espanol? I didn't, although the channel was working it was only showing the logo. Yes, I imagine it is only because it ran past the allotted time. And the later airing fit it all in.

Tyre Byter said:
I just watched most of a replay of stage 1 on beIN which included the race post-Garmin crash and even a shot of the podium. I don't remember seeing any replays listed in the channel guide when I checked earlier today. Looks like the hate mail made an impression.

The replay has been on the schedule since 5/7 AM so it wasn't the hate mail. The replay had the entire coverage so at least I got to see it later.

No response so far to my later Irritated email!