Best young riders for 2013?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 23, 2012
1,114
1
0
I wrote "losed" wow:D Let me edit one more time. Sorry for my english. In few words for me Van Garderen will be an important option in routes which suits time trial riders.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Jason_Mercier said:
Dombrowski and Aru will do some things like Pinot and Quintana this year. Obviously not a Top10 in the TDF with a stage victory or show the climb level of Valverde and Purito but yes important things. I expect Dombrowski will be the third best climber of Sky until finish 2013. Not mentioned Andrea Palini and Danny Van Poppel.
dombrowski yes, aru. no. also he won't be better than froome and henao next year. henao is improving a lot again his climbing (losing weight)
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
dombrowski yes, aru. no. also he won't be better than froome and henao next year. henao is improving a lot again his climbing (losing weight)
What was Henao's weight this year then? I thought he already was 61 kgs or so. If he's going to be even leaner/stronger/better next year he should be a GT leader instead of endlessly pulling for Froome/Wiggins.

And I also don't get the Aru hype. He has to prove a lot more among the pros than Dombrowski. This is the problems with all Italians basically, for example I didn't get why so many people expected Moser to be the next big thing, just because of results in minor domestic races. Italians only perform on home soil, but still they get all the hype. Could be just my problem ofc. :D
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Pentacycle said:
What was Henao's weight this year then? I thought he already was 61 kgs or so. If he's going to be even leaner/stronger/better next year he should be a GT leader instead of endlessly pulling for Froome/Wiggins.

And I also don't get the Aru hype. He has to prove a lot more among the pros than Dombrowski. This is the problems with all Italians basically, for example I didn't get why so many people expected Moser to be the next big thing, just because of results in minor domestic races. Italians only perform on home soil, but still they get all the hype. Could be just my problem ofc. :D
henao was 170x62 kg. until few years ago he was 58/57 kg. of course it's also his natural physical evolution he's had. he is build as a sprinter. but I noticed him in the vuelta already looking lighter and most important of all. he is changing his gearing again. with botero and antioquia he started riding very heavy gears, which improved many of his elements except he really blew in steeper climbs. especially his last year in colombia henao was an average climber he dropped hard in all of the big climbs in colombia and was basically nowhere to win vuelta or rcn. while as a junior and first years as u23(cep) he was a pure climber, riding light gears, very explosive. in burgos, the stage chaves won I saw him riding much lighter gears which means he's a lot better in steep climbs now. sky are obviously working hard with him to improve all of this. that's why I expect a big step forward next year. also in itt
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Pentacycle said:
What was Henao's weight this year then? I thought he already was 61 kgs or so. If he's going to be even leaner/stronger/better next year he should be a GT leader instead of endlessly pulling for Froome/Wiggins.

And I also don't get the Aru hype. He has to prove a lot more among the pros than Dombrowski. This is the problems with all Italians basically, for example I didn't get why so many people expected Moser to be the next big thing, just because of results in minor domestic races. Italians only perform on home soil, but still they get all the hype. Could be just my problem ofc. :D
with italian u23 riders you should always look to what team they rode as u23. aru rode with pallazago, the most doped team in italian u23 cycling probably. I will wait to see how much he's worth as a pro. he would be the first rider ever from palazzago to break through as a pro. other than doping, which I admitt has been reduced a lot in recent years in italy, is the focus of the big amateur teams. they want results and don';t care about developping talents. palazzago and also zalf are good examples of this. by the time a rider becomes pro they are basically finished.

moser rode with lucchini, a much saver team I think.
 
No one hyped Moser before turning pro. He was expected to be a talent, but there was no hype.

Aru has been far too consistent over the last years to simple disappear now as pro. Dombrowski has seen bigger discrepancies between his peak appearences and the lower ones.

So I don't see that big a difference in their PED probability. They're even in this matter I would say.

Lucchini by the way disappeared from amateur cycling after 2010's doping scandal at the Baby Giro. Not quite "safe". :p
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
No one hyped Moser before turning pro. He was expected to be a talent, but there was no hype.

Aru has been far too consistent over the last years to simple disappear now as pro. Dombrowski has seen bigger discrepancies between his peak appearences and the lower ones.

So I don't see that big a difference in their PED probability. They're even in this matter I would say.

Lucchini by the way disappeared from amateur cycling after 2010's doping scandal at the Baby Giro. Not quite "safe". :p
that was a unidelta lucchini. the team moser rode for was called luchini maniva. smaller team, still active
 
Dec 28, 2012
62
0
0
Best Newcomers
Danny Van Poppel - VacansOleil (only 19 yrs old)
Warren Barguil - Argos Shimano
Alexey Lutsenko - Astana
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY