• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bianchi article - how about some respect?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Read the article about Bianchi and was seriously disappointed when I looked at the photos. The captions on two of the photos show a complete lack of understanding of the history of the brand - not to mention a complete lack of knowledge about our sport.

I'm talking about the photos titled "A little worse for wear ..." and "This Bianchi road bike from 1973 ..."

The headings make them sound like they are just any old bike from 1953 and 1973. But in fact they are instantly recognisable - or at least should be instantly recognisable (especially to people in your office) - as Coppi's 1953 world champs bike and Gimondi's 1973 world champs bike.

How about recaptioning them and showing some respect for the history of the brand and the history of our sport?

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi kiwirider-

We've made edits to the photo captions in the Bianchi feature to properly identify the bikes of Fausto Coppi and Felice Gimondi.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Peter Hymas said:
Hi kiwirider-

We've made edits to the photo captions in the Bianchi feature to properly identify the bikes of Fausto Coppi and Felice Gimondi.

Great - thanks. I can now put my soapbox away and stop ranting ... :D