Brailsford and Lefevere blame the riders for lying to them?

Jul 19, 2010
645
0
0
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-stunned-by-usada-disclosures

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/we-didnt-know-about-leipheimer-case-when-he-signed-claims-lefevere

Seriously, how long have these guys been in the business? They should have known better. They should know USPS was one of the dirtiest teams in cycling. Both Barry and Leipheimer came from USPS, did Brailsford and Lefevere expect them to be squeaky clean, past and present?

Brailsford and Lefevere should shoulder some of the responsibilities for hiring them, instead of just throwing the riders under the bus.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
This is why there will be no change in the sport. So called team clean are a bunch of liars.


Brailsford would need to be living in outer mongolia not to have know what was going on. He is part of the problem.
 
I can just about imagine Lefevere asking, uh, Pecharroman "Son, did you steamroller the field in Catalunya and Euskal Bizikleta clean?"

"yes" *makes shifty eyes*

"Welcome aboard."

So yeah, I can totally see Lefevere being clueless about actual abilities of riders.
 
Mar 19, 2009
809
0
0
Lefevere was the one who used threatening tactics in an attempt to smoke out the unnamed rider on the team who talked about Quickstep doping to the Het Laatste Nieuws 5-6 years ago. He told all the riders on the team they would have to file lawsuits against the newspaper...his plan was to see which rider would hesitate, thus uncovering the snitch.
 
Jul 19, 2010
645
0
0
Benotti69 said:
This is why there will be no change in the sport. So called team clean are a bunch of liars.


Brailsford would need to be living in outer mongolia not to have know what was going on. He is part of the problem.
Agree 100%. I was happy to see a flurry of confessions, then I see this. So there's no need for managers and DS's to exercise judgement calls? If the rider said he's always been clean, he's hired. In cycling, almost everybody lies, you don't just take the word of any rider.

This is shameful, worse than omerta.
 
Jun 22, 2009
8
0
0
This whole story is a complete joke and shows that the whole sport is still crap. Dowsetts comments make me laugh and the bbc are showing pictures of contador as they explain the case.nothing will ever change.
 
May 29, 2012
144
0
0
Epicycle said:
Lefevere was the one who used threatening tactics in an attempt to smoke out the unnamed rider on the team who talked about Quickstep doping to the Het Laatste Nieuws 5-6 years ago. He told all the riders on the team they would have to file lawsuits against the newspaper...his plan was to see which rider would hesitate, thus uncovering the snitch.
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jan07/jan23news2

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/mar07/mar12news2
 
May 27, 2012
5,293
0
0
TheEnoculator said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-stunned-by-usada-disclosures

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/we-didnt-know-about-leipheimer-case-when-he-signed-claims-lefevere

Seriously, how long have these guys been in the business? They should have known better. They should know USPS was one of the dirtiest teams in cycling. Both Barry and Leipheimer came from USPS, did Brailsford and Lefevere expect them to be squeaky clean, past and present?

Brailsford and Lefevere should shoulder some of the responsibilities for hiring them, instead of just throwing the riders under the bus.
Their not knowing is about as believable as LL saying he hasn't been a doping POS for his whole career. Lefevere and Brailsford are as believable as Madoff.
 
Mar 19, 2009
809
0
0
pelodee said:
Thanks.

"I do not require them to do this, I merely ask them to," (Lefevere) said to Sportwereld.be. "But whoever doesn't do it makes themselves suspicious as being the one who spoke to Het Laatste Nieuws. I can assume that no one would be so stupid as to file a complaint against themselves."

He laid this claim out more specifically, according to Sporza.be. He said that if someone does not participate, "then we will know immediately who from our team talked to them. ... The riders are also victims of these doping charges. The article endangers their future."
That's some mafia sh!t.
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,373
0
0
Sarcastic Wet Trout said:
"I am shocked, SHOCKED I say, to find doping going on in my cycling team," says Brailsford and Lefevere in unison.
Funny but my reaction was that I was surprised that I wasn't shocked in the least. Same as after reading Tyler's book. Of course I didn't know many of the details, but the overall situation was so obvious to anyone who has been following that it is almost disappointing that there isn't much that wasn't already suspected.

A soigneur I know that works for a French team wasn't shocked, so how could team managers be so. These guys should be run out of cycling.
 
"I don't speak for long, but clear enough you can hear a pin drop. I don't repeat myself that much but I swear that if you're my rider, and you destroy my team, I will be coming after you until hell." -Lefevere
 
Jun 27, 2013
4,352
0
0
Re:

jmdirt said:
"I don't speak for long, but clear enough you can hear a pin drop. I don't repeat myself that much but I swear that if you're my rider, and you destroy my team, I will be coming after you until hell." -Lefevere
"You hear that, Lotz?"
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re:

jmdirt said:
"I don't speak for long, but clear enough you can hear a pin drop. I don't repeat myself that much but I swear that if you're my rider, and you destroy my team, I will be coming after you until hell." -Lefevere
Anyone remembers Lefevere going after Museeuw, Landuyt, Boonen, Lotz, Barredo et al until hell?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY