• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cameron Meyer to take 13+ seconds on Chris Horner in TT & win Tirreno-Adriatico!!!

Chris Horner is a great guy and he did a great ride to get the jersey today.
But there is a good chance that Cameron Meyer can hold on tomorrow and get 13+ seconds on Horner in the last day's TT to win the race.

Yeah there is a giant chance Cameron Meyer will hold on tomorrow on this stage:
rQWbH.jpg

With this finish

T05_PratiTivo_ukm.jpg

Knowing that he already lost 30 seconds on a climb that lasted 2km.
EXCELLENT chance of winning the Tirreno indeed...

Reality check: He doesn't stand a chance.

bladerunner said:
But there is a good chance that Cameron Meyer can hold on tomorrow and get 13+ seconds on Horner in the last day's TT to win the race.

cup-of-lol.gif

Troll or real?

Meyer can take 13 seconds from Horner in the TT, allthough it's not that sure as well.

Meyer won't be able to hold on tomorrow though. I will use an Cameron Meyer avatar till the end of April if Meyer ends in the top10 or doesn't lose time to Horner tomorrow.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
bladerunner said:

+1000:D
Dreams-1.2.jpg

But I guess you can only hope, indeed he's a massive talent who in 2 years could achieve such a feat. 13+ in the TT I would expect but tomorows stage...

Oops!! My mistake. I saw the wrong profile for tomorrow's stage.
Having now seen the right profile, I don't think Cameron Meyer will be able to stay in touch with the other top GC riders. Vai Vai Horner!!

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah there is a giant chance Cameron Meyer will hold on tomorrow on this stage:
rQWbH.jpg

With this finish

T05_PratiTivo_ukm.jpg

Knowing that he already lost 30 seconds on a climb that lasted 2km.
EXCELLENT chance of winning the Tirreno indeed...

Reality check: He doesn't stand a chance.

D_T, destroying the dreams of misinformed fans since 1984

Froome19 said:
+1000:D
Dreams-1.2.jpg

But I guess you can only hope, indeed he's a massive talent who in 2 years could achieve such a feat. 13+ in the TT I would expect but tomorows stage...

Kinda ironic coming from a Froome fan, I think if anyone had suggested Froome would finish 2nd in the Vuelta beforehand, you would have needed an even bigger rainbow.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Lol @ Meyer finishing top 10 in GC or this stage...

Personally though, I think people are overestimating Kreuziger's TT ability and current form. I don't think Horner will cede any time tomorrow (except for possibly a time bonus if those are still in play when they get there--are there time bonuses?), and it will be very close in the final TT if they go in as close as they are now. Does anyone know how Kreuziger's done in short ITTs he's done recently?

bladerunner said:
Oops!! My mistake. I saw the wrong profile for tomorrow's stage.
Having now seen the right profile, I don't think Cameron Meyer will be able to stay in touch with the other top GC riders. Vai Vai Horner!!

Unlike others on this site, you do admit your mistakes and you are human ! Meyer has done well but next stage will be very tough with lots of atttacks. Rodriguez might come out to play.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Kinda ironic coming from a Froome fan, I think if anyone had suggested Froome would finish 2nd in the Vuelta beforehand, you would have needed an even bigger rainbow.

I'm was never a froome fan before the Vuelta and would never have expected him to finish anywhere in it, the only reason I like him is because he's supposedly British, I like tonnes of other riders more but Stannard19/ Dowsett19 didnt exactly have the best flow.

Anyway dreams and rainbows aren't necessarily a bad thing, without them there is no fun...

Apart from his close family and friends, was anybody a Froome "fan" before the Vuelta? Sure he was a guy who people liked, but not somebody who anybody was truly a "fan" of in the sense of totally rooting for the guy, because he was an almost total irrelevance until Stage 9 of the Vuelta.

He was more a guy who would elicit a reaction of "oh, good stage from Froome, hope he can win it from here" as he manages to get into a decent-looking break, rather than "COME ON FROOMEY!" as he drops GT contenders left and right.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
Yesssssss.

Meyer will probably lose over a minute and might be able to Time-trial his way back into the top 5 but even that is a slim chance. Kreuziger will have also gained time on Horner in the ITT.

Daniel Moreno to win tomorrow.

Cadel Evans will lose a minute tonight at the end of the stage. No offense to Cam but he'll lose a minute by the top of the 1st climb.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey, Meyer did OK last night/this afternoon. 16th on stage ahead of some much more credentialled climbers, still in top 10 on GC and maintains a lead of over a minute in the young riders classification. He could yet become a genuine GC rider.

Yup. He did very well today. He still has 1 more stage where he has to limit the damage. But if he does then he could TT himself into the top 5 which would be major suprise.

Far exceeded expectations today. Seems this year is the year for many riders to do that. First Tiernan Locke out of nowhere. Then Westra suddnely climbing, now Cam Meyer...
I can see Bobbie Traksel winning the RVV and Ian Stannard dominating PR and hell why not Gianni Meersman win the Ardennes triple :p

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Cadel Evans will lose a minute tonight at the end of the stage. No offense to Cam but he'll lose a minute by the top of the 1st climb.

I gotta lol that after Meyer actually beat Evans today :)and will finish up higher in the GC than Evans too, and few would have predicted that at the start of the race ;)