• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can Wiggo win the Giro-Tour double next year?

So, can he do it?

• Yes. And after the Vuelta win, he will bring the peace in Middle East

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jens_attacks said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-hints-at-giro-tour-double-attempt

even if it will be a failed attempt(most likely), i respect such an attitude towards this difficult target.so chapeau wiggo!
the uk postal is brilliant enough to support him but does he have what it takes?

a wonderful year lies ahead of us, brailsford don't take your foot off the gas please!

and yeahhh poll!

I voted "no" before reading the last option. Sorry :eek:

all talk

talk is cheap...................easy to claim possible in the close season

luckily i can't see another wiggo grand tour win

but what do i know..................i had stated i would never watch another

tdf if cadel won............same again if brad won............and i'm stooopid

enough to keep watching

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
People say about Tour + Vuelta almost like about accomplished fact so why not in this case? :) At last, Wiggo's GT style is appropriate minimal waste of energy in the Giro very good.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
First of all I think DB can design a good plan to be good at both races but one should be worse than the other.

Can win the Giro? Yes, the TT, the lack of a clearly better climber and his powerfull team can lock the race. Despite the italian climbs are more difficult to control.

After doing the Giro can win the TdF... without a very long TT he has no advantage over climbers, even less to those who can TT and has to hold Andy, Contador and... Froome itself at climbs. RNT and Saxo can send powerfull team too and split the team to help Wiggo and Froome at the same time it's not a logic plan

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
If anyone could do it would be Sky with their meticulous planning and all that blah de blah..
Having said that I do not believe anyone can do it.. so "no".

This dude
bmt8hw

want to win giro-tour?

TRENDING THREADS