• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Cannondale getting dropped in the new era of cycling

Nov 8, 2012
11,640
0
0
thehog said:
Talansky, Ryder?

What's going on with these guys?

I thought JV had the team in check for the new era and the speeds are down?
Now that the peloton is clean the French team finally have a level playing field.:)
 
Eshnar said:
Navardauskas?
Finished two and a half hours down on Nibali at the Giro.

This new era of cycling reminds me of the last new era.
But yeah, even Garmin can win an occasional stage. Seeing Talansky get shelled like a circus peanut today didn't give me much confidence in the the new cycling.
 
Navardauskas is not a GC rider so it's irrelevant how far back he finished.

He was very competitive in the stages that suit him in the second half of the Giro.

111 * Andrew TALANSKY
112 Jack BAUER
113 * Rohan DENNIS
114 Caleb FAIRLY
115 Koldo FERNANDEZ
116 * Alex HOWES
117 Michel KREDER
118 * Jacob RATHE

And most of these guys would get dropped on the stage like today in any era. The only concern is Talansky.
 
Moose McKnuckles said:
Finished two and a half hours down on Nibali at the Giro.

This new era of cycling reminds me of the last new era.
But yeah, even Garmin can win an occasional stage. Seeing Talansky get shelled like a circus peanut today didn't give me much confidence in the the new cycling.
This is the new new era which is newer than the old new era.
 
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Must be a sharp virus.
Looks to me Saxo with intel from Rogees have dialled up the program. BMc will have done the same as Och is no stranger to what is required.

French teams will always do what they've done and dope in patches.

Sky will see that Saxo are a force and make sure the program is tuned team wide.

The Arms race is back on. But in a new form.
 
Apr 20, 2012
4,238
0
0
thehog said:
Looks to me Saxo with intel from Rogees have dialled up the program. BMc will have done the same as Och is no stranger to what is required.

French teams will always do what they've done and dope in patches.

Sky will see that Saxo are a force and make sure the program is tuned team wide.

The Arms race is back on. But in a new form.
So Rohan Dennis has gone rogue?

Talansky was 'crap' in Romandie/Vasco too. When Bram Tankink is able to hang on longer on such a climb the ball is in Talansky's park imho.

Or it is extraction time of course. Or he is just a young rider having ups and downs. Or he is sick.

The Canadian fellow climbed faster than Talansky, says a lot.

And, here's Johnny with the answer:
Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 3m
Hmmmm... Tough day for Talansky. He's still recovering from stomach flu. However, I see a glimmer of a special ride coming from another...

;)
 
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So Rohan Dennis has gone rogue?

Talansky was 'crap' in Romandie/Vasco too. When Bram Tankink is able to hang on longer on such a climb the ball is in Talansky's park imho.

Or it is extraction time of course. Or he is just a young rider having ups and downs. Or he is sick.

The Canadian fellow climbed faster than Talansky, says a lot.

And, here's Johnny with the answer:
Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 3m
Hmmmm... Tough day for Talansky. He's still recovering from stomach flu. However, I see a glimmer of a special ride coming from another...

;)
Oh god. Do they all have the flu?

There was a time when the Dauphine was "withdraw" week.
 
thehog said:
From Pinotti's twitter:

Quote:
Some data from today's stage 1 #dauphine : col du Corbier 22'30" 5.4 w/kg ,20.5 km/h , drafting. Vam 1500 mt

Pretty high w/kg for an early climb, particularly considering it was a large peloton where the drafting effect must have been pretty big. And Veilleux didn't even lose time on the peloton on this climb...he must've been pushing at least 6 w/kg
 
Apr 20, 2012
4,238
0
0
thehog said:
From Pinotti's twitter:

Quote:
Some data from today's stage 1 #dauphine : col du Corbier 22'30" 5.4 w/kg ,20.5 km/h , drafting. Vam 1500 mt

Pretty high w/kg for an early climb, particularly considering it was a large peloton where the drafting effect must have been pretty big. And Veilleux didn't even lose time on the peloton on this climb...he must've been pushing at least 6 w/kg
He is not from Turkey so he'll be fine. Wasnt there another Europcar rider in Turkey who was pretty okayish?
 
Mar 18, 2009
13,318
0
0
thehog said:
Talansky, Ryder?

What's going on with these guys?

I thought JV had the team in check for the new era and the speeds are down?
Look at the Giro. I assume Tommy D. came into the race in good form to support Hesjedal. He is capable of a top 10 on the juice (Vuelta) and supposedly top 10 off the juice (Tour and Vuelta). He trains in Colorado so he has know how to ride in the cold. How did that work out for him?
 
thehog said:
From Pinotti's twitter:

Quote:
Some data from today's stage 1 #dauphine : col du Corbier 22'30" 5.4 w/kg ,20.5 km/h , drafting. Vam 1500 mt

Pretty high w/kg for an early climb, particularly considering it was a large peloton where the drafting effect must have been pretty big. And Veilleux didn't even lose time on the peloton on this climb...he must've been pushing at least 6 w/kg
Drafting on this climb would be ~5% of total power saved. If Veilleux has the same time then he is at ~5.6-5.7 w/kg which should be ok:).
 
Aug 16, 2011
9,595
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Talansky was ill

And Garmin won LBL after all with 2 riders (Hesjedal + Martin) showing great form that day.
Hesjedal was pretty good at the giro until the rain/cold weather made him ill.

I wouldn't search to much into this
Agreed, and this is only the first stage. Lets at least wait and see how they're going by the end.
 
Yeah, I was just dead wrong about jumping to conclusions on Talansky today.:eek::eek::eek:

I'll wait and see. If the French teams do well at Dauphine and then at the Tour that will be good. I still am hopeful that races in France will be cleaner than elsewhere because of the laws and the political will - completely lacking in other countries like Spain (fact).

Rohan Dennis is a huge talent for the future and if he can hold on until the itt may surprise.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS