Carbon fiber frame damage: Repair or Replace?

Oct 28, 2021
Down tube cracked on 3/4 sides on my roadie trying to avoid hitting a deer. I love my bike and don't want to see it in a landfill. I'm leaning towards repair, but any thoughts from experience is appreciated!

Down tube cracked on 3/4 sides on my roadie trying to avoid hitting a deer. I love my bike and don't want to see it in a landfill. I'm leaning towards repair, but any thoughts from experience is appreciated!
Had a broken drive side chain stay break on a Cervelo R5. Calfee repaired it beautifully. If you are in the US you can try him.
I also had a Zipp disc wheel badly damaged in shipping. I had local gut that repair carbon parts on race cars fix. It didn't look good put it was straight and stiff.

Oct 28, 2021
Had a broken drive side chain stay break on a Cervelo R5. Calfee repaired it beautifully. If you are in the US you can try him.
I also had a Zipp disc wheel badly damaged in shipping. I had local gut that repair carbon parts on race cars fix. It didn't look good put it was straight and stiff.
Hey VeganRob, Thanks for the reply. I researched quite a bit and had 4 companies on my radar. But I took it down to Calfee this week and I'm glad I chose them. The staff there are very professional and friendly. They took the time to show us some of their bamboo work! So cool. I'm confident they will do a good job. :0) ~Cheers

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS