• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How To Cateye cyclocomputers problem

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Good day guys! so I have a Cateye Velo 7 and my problem is it can't detect the speed (It just displays 0kph). I already checked the cable and magnet, It is properly placed tho. The Battery is fine too (i think), Because the display is perfectly visible. Does anyone know how to fix this? please help... thanks!

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
try changing the distance and vertical alignment between the sensor and the wheel-mounted magnet.
If that doesn’t help, the sensor (or its cable) mounted to the fork is probably broken. Check the cable for any visible damage. I think the sensors are usually cheap&simple reed switches to detect the magnet. If you have a multimeter you could try measuring the resistance between the two contacts of the cycle computer’s mount. It should toggle between zero and infinity when you pass the magnet in front of the sensor. If it doesn’t do that it confirms a sensor or cable defect.
Your best choice is a replacement part, but if you are handy you could try replacing the cable and/or the reed contact.

TRENDING THREADS