• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CAVENDISH should not be kicked off tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen any comments here about the attack on Veeler.
I don't know why Cavendish is still allowed to compete in this Tour and I don't know why fans aren't out raged. On my first viewing of the race it was very apparent that Cavendish purposely took Veeler out and repeated viewings show, Veeler saying something as he rolls back from leading out Kittel and then Cavendish comes up next to him, grits his teeth and bashes him. It could have been much worse, other riders could have gone down.
What did Veeler say that made Cavendish risk everything? Why has this incident been ignored?

296-1231805599iuKL.jpg

It can be a hard job keeping everybody happy.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Nah, kicking him out means you cant throw any more pee bottles at him. My family has been having lots of fun with this one. Pee ta Todd.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
As a sensible person pointed out earlier, this was a racing incident and should be left at that.

If you are really interested in pointing fingers, then replays indicate that Veelers made a mistake and Cav can be adjudged as protecting his sprint line.

UCI 2.3.036 i believe is what you are looking for. As per an earlier precedence, the non-sprinter in such a clash is generally deemed responsible for a crash, if finger pointing is actually required.

Status
Not open for further replies.