• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
big money=big cheating.
it 's only cheating if you get caught.

exactly what is so confusing not that i agree with cheating but it will always be with us in top level competition be it fishing or cycling. on a side note i heard pro fishing was statistically one of the most dangerous sports regarding fatalities(drowning) go figure i guess drunks boats and carbon monoxide is a bad combo who would have thunk it.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I can see how pro fishing is dangerous to portly drunk guys, and there will always be cheating in sports. I do however like how they banned him for life very quickly, like ripping a bandaid off.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
As Napoleon Dynamite might've said, "I caught you a delicious bass ... filled with lead." Reality has just out-Onioned the Onion.

A

Anonymous

I know a guy around here who won a big local bass contest that people come to from around the nation, a weekend event...like 5 grand...he caught this big b**stard a few months before the weekend contest, kept it alive at home in a big fish tank...then turned it in at end of weekend event...viola, 5 grand...happens all the time via fishing stuff...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing
A professional angler found to have stuffed lead sinkers down the throats of fish he submitted for weigh-ins during a prestigious bass-fishing tournament has been banned for life from that and other competitions in a scandal that has rocked the tight-knit and passionate bass-fishing community.

That fisherman has never been caught before and his creel has been examined many, many times in many tournaments. How do we know the fish didn't do it to themselves? No proof-he's clean!

A

Anonymous

Not Fishing?!

Oldman said:
That fisherman has never been caught before and his creel has been examined many, many times in many tournaments. How do we know the fish didn't do it to themselves? No proof-he's clean!

Now I'm really bummed. My bass fishing heroes are all potential cheaters, even the Samurai Bass Fishing show OLN used to have could have been fixed? You'd have to say, the scales have fallen from my eyes.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
Now I'm really bummed. My bass fishing heroes are all potential cheaters, even the Samurai Bass Fishing show OLN used to have could have been fixed? You'd have to say, the scales have fallen from my eyes.

Relax it's just a witch hunt by hater's of excellent trolling. Your fish finder is still properly calibrated and your faith should be intact. Hint: did you ever meet a bass you could trust?

TRENDING THREADS