• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Christophe Rochus on doping in tennis

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Q: You were the first to denounce doping in tennis. Did it come back to haunt you?

A: "Oh yes! Notably, I received a threatening letter from the ATP that caused me problems later on, but that's not a concern. It's just proof that the system is rotten..."

Q: Is doping a taboo subject on Tour?

A: "Yes, it's like betting. There's a lot of cheating. Basically, no one likes to talk about it. It doesn't really upset me. I just want everyone to stop pretending. The hypocrisy is exasperating..."[/QUOTE

http://communities.canada.com/montr.../10/31/christophe-rochus-s-parting-shots.aspx

Dear ATP,

As you may be aware my current position has become ever more difficult by criticism from the fans and even hints of disapproval from the press. For some time I have been considering a move to a more agreeable environment that would closely match my own ethics and view on artificial performance enhancement in sport. I believe that the management of tennis is such an environment. I would be truly grateful if the ATP would consider me for the next available management position.

Sincerely,
Pat McQuaid

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dear Mr McQuaid,

Thank you for your letter regarding a position at the ATP.

With the wealth of experience you can provide for us, notably the protection of star riders – an expertise we can certainly utilise in protecting our own – we would welcome you on board with open arms. Thankfully ‘our’ fans (apart from the few rogues) are too delusional to suspect any dodgy dealings on our part, and we believe you’d fit in nicely.

May we suggest that we meet next July? We seem to recall that when that silly Festina scandal made life difficult for the Right Honourable Hein Verbruggen, it was only apt that he left the mess to be cleared up why he took off elsewhere. As there’s bound to be a scandal next July, we couldn’t think of a better time to discuss your position with us.

Yours in Sport,

ATP

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Brad Lamb said:
Dear Mr McQuaid,

With the wealth of experience you can provide for us, notably the protection of star riders – an expertise we can certainly utilise in protecting our own – we would welcome you on board with open arms. Thankfully ‘our’ fans (apart from the few rogues) are too delusional to suspect any dodgy dealings on our part, and we believe you’d fit in nicely.

May we suggest that we meet next July? We seem to recall that when that silly Festina scandal made life difficult for the Right Honourable Hein Verbruggen, it was only apt that he left the mess to be cleared up why he took off elsewhere. As there’s bound to be a scandal next July, we couldn’t think of a better time to discuss your position with us.

Yours in Sport,

ATP

And please bring the blueprint for that "biopassthebuck report" could you? We need to find a way to fund our, ahem...efforts in this matter.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Brad Lamb said:
Dear Mr McQuaid,

Yours in Sport,

ATP

Us too!- David Stern/Commissioner Extradonaire of the Glorious NBA

BroDeal said:
Dear ATP,

As you may be aware my current position has become ever more difficult by criticism from the fans and even hints of disapproval from the press. For some time I have been considering a move to a more agreeable environment that would closely match my own ethics and view on artificial performance enhancement in sport. I believe that the management of tennis is such an environment. I would be truly grateful if the ATP would consider me for the next available management position.

Sincerely,
Pat McQuaid

Brad Lamb said:
Dear Mr McQuaid,

Yours in Sport,

ATP

Very nicely done.

TRENDING THREADS