• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN interviews Chris Horner

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
pot belge said:
So old man Horner still has a place in pro cycling.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pho...-hold-team-building-camp-in-luxembourg/245293

When is this fraud going to be kicked out?

When will these idiots just shut their traps. Now Horner claims that he has been tested 500-1000 times himself:rolleyes: If he makes it through the season without being implicated by USADA, it will be a miracle. Remember folks, his participation with Johan was post 2005, a period that we haven't heard much about yet.

When Johan fails to step foot in the US for arbitration, and another reasoned decision is realeased, Honer is going to look like the tool that he is.

frenchfry said:
An interview with quite possibly one of the stupidest individuals on the earth.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features...orner-on-his-career-armstrong-and-pro-cycling
Wow. And I thought Samuel Sanchez and Valverde's responses were stupid.

This guy is just completely delusional. He's an imagine of everything that's wrong with cycling today...I mean, holy ****:

""It's the UCI's job, it's WADA's job, it's USADA's job to come up with a test so riders can't cheat. If they find the guys who cheated then those guys have to go, it's that simple," Horner said.

"Maybe USADA have found the guys who have cheated but.... for me, you won the race (if) you passed the test. Lance won seven Tours de France and that's what I saw and the moments I enjoyed and that the way it's going to stay."
He's basically saying that it's WADA's fault if he dopes and isn't caught, because they should be better at testing. He clearly only considers it as cheating if he's caught. Wow. Horner should be banned for life based on this interview...

Brilliant!l

Looks like he's scoping for a job at Mellow Johnny's.

"Look, I'm certainly old enough and wise enough to understand the magnitude of the situation, but in the end he's still getting prosecuted with no positive test. A lot of guys say they saw him and a lot say he did this and he did that, but I look at it and say: 'USADA, WADA, UCI, they're saying that the tests are worthless.' So do you take all the tests, 500, 1000, I don't know the number I've done in my own career and you basically say, that you took them for no reason?"

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
"And again I understand and I'm clear on how much information is out there on what Lance is said to have done but I'm also clear on the fact that he's passed all of his tests. Are you supposed to go back and erase those memories? I remember the 2005 Tour de France and Lance was the best guy there and he past all the tests and won the Tour. I'm not going to debate if he won, he was there, he won and passed the tests."

If your Missus was screwing a load of blokes behind your back and about 15 people came to you and said - Your missus is screwing loads of blokes behind your back - Would you say "i don't believe you because i haven't seen it myself"? Naaa - or might you be a bit suspicious?
or i suppose you could go on Ricki Lake or whatever and get her to do the old lie detector test? :D:D

Didn't Lance's lawyer suggest that anyway?? Lance is good at passing cheating tests his passed 1500 of them..

Tom375 said:
If your Missus was screwing a load of blokes behind your back and about 15 people came to you and said - Your missus is screwing loads of blokes behind your back - Would you say "i don't believe you because i haven't seen it myself"? Naaa - or might you be a bit suspicious?
or i suppose you could go on Ricki Lake or whatever and get her to do the old lie detector test? :D:D

Didn't Lance's lawyer suggest that anyway?? Lance is good at passing cheating tests his passed 1500 of them..

Well, a sneaky British broadcaster suggested to him that the likes of Vaughters could take the lie detector test, which lance's paid lair thought a good idea as he believed in them... he hung up when the broadcaster then asked him to get Lance to take one! :D

Merged the two threads.

Agree with everyone on here. The guy is unreal. He's from my home state, I've talked with people who've met him and raced with him, and he seems like a nice guy, but even I can't think of a single thing to say to support him. I don't like being taken for a fool, and yet that's exactly what he's doing.

del1962 said:
The only reason I can think that he defends Armstrong is his own guilt.

I really disagree. I think that Horner has a good appreciation of just how precarious his position in the pro peloton is--and that he knows just what he must do and say to keep that position.

Horner is only a bike rider. What else is he going to do? He is truly a representative of his profession. It's a filthy job, and Horner does it.

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Merged the two threads.

Agree with everyone on here. The guy is unreal. He's from my home state, I've talked with people who've met him and raced with him, and he seems like a nice guy, but even I can't think of a single thing to say to support him. I don't like being taken for a fool, and yet that's exactly what he's doing.

"Redneck" -as he's affectionately known,
Just out of interest is that normally a compliment from where you're from? I was always under the impression it wasn't and normally applied to people from the south in the middle of nowhere that were a bit backward. Which actually sums up his views quite well - ***..

MarkvW said:
I really disagree. I think that Horner has a good appreciation of just how precarious his position in the pro peloton is--and that he knows just what he must do and say to keep that position.

Horner is only a bike rider. What else is he going to do? He is truly a representative of his profession. It's a filthy job, and Horner does it.

I didn't know it was possible to ride a bicycle if you don't have any vertebrae.

TRENDING THREADS