• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador fans form human chain

Contador has kept a low profile since he gave a press conference earlier this month denying he doped en route to the 2010 Tour victory. Since then, he’s been quietly training and waiting to see how his case is resolved.
Hahaha, what?

Seriously, this article is terrible. They didn't even get the name of Contador's hometown right.

hrotha said:
Hahaha, what?

Seriously, this article is terrible. They didn't even get the name of Contador's hometown right.

Can you write a serious article about people with blind faith forming a human chain? Terrible or not is says a lot about what fans will do. The only human chain I ever got in I was yelling tiki toki hoy hoy in Bavaria.

Alpe, its an free web site not unlike the one this forum is hosted on, I'm not sure how high expectations should be. I find them both enjoyable and frustrating at times but nobody does scores like CN and I love that. I still get the print version of VN and like you say its changed a lot over the years but I still find it entertaining.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Years ago VN used to be a quality periodical, now, they routinely release poor writing like this.

Still, if most of the story is true it's sad that there aren't more fans that inform themselves and just blindly support their hero.

Not everyone cares that much about doping. Vuelta's roads were painted with names like Valverde. They even had banners of him.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Not everyone cares that much about doping. Vuelta's roads were painted with names like Valverde. They even had banners of him.

Meh. They care about doping, but only of it's not their heroes. Their logic is plain simple: Landis and chicken are dopers (incidentally those benefited by their offenses were Spaniards :cool:), but Contador and Valverde are not dopers.

I wonder why Pharmstrong didn't think of this... Probably because there aren't enough fans to encircle Austin, might be a little embarrassing?

They could probably coerce enough supporters to encircle Pharmstrong Headquarters? Maybe give away yellow bracelets and black '28' jerseys.

Maybe do it on Halloween in keeping with the 'Trick or Treat' theme of his career.

Let's get that public relations team on it, stat!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:
I wonder why Pharmstrong didn't think of this... Probably because there aren't enough fans to encircle Austin, might be a little embarrassing?

They could probably coerce enough supporters to encircle Pharmstrong Headquarters? Maybe give away yellow bracelets and black '28' jerseys.

Maybe do it on Halloween in keeping with the 'Trick or Treat' theme of his career.

Let's get that public relations team on it, stat!

What you hate Spaniards, shame!

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
How the hell did you get that out of this article??? You people are f**ing amazing, every damn thread has to revolve around Lance Armstrong. I am so sock and tired of reading this cr*p. If it's relevant to the thread, or has some point then I'm ok with it. But to say this post is a stretch, would be a joke. Want to comment about Contador or any non-retired riders relevant to today, ok, but the "lance is a doper" theme has been played out plenty...we've covered it, move on...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
jae2460 said:
How the hell did you get that out of this article??? You people are f**ing amazing, every damn thread has to revolve around Lance Armstrong. I am so sock and tired of reading this cr*p. If it's relevant to the thread, or has some point then I'm ok with it. But to say this post is a stretch, would be a joke. Want to comment about Contador or any non-retired riders relevant to today, ok, but the "lance is a doper" theme has been played out plenty...we've covered it, move on...

Started with post #2. I reported it as off topic, and it was ignored by the moderators. See discussion in the help forum regarding this.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The hypocrisy of some fans never ceases to amaze me…
Also, certain governments seem to display that as well.
Will nationalism trump justice ?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
JPM London said:
Ok, back to topic...

I like the following bits from the article:

Okay, so let me get this straight... These are some supersized people to make that kind of chain, right? Maybe the put more than Clen in their lifestock?
The Schleck family took part and accounted for 2.5 km themselves.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

contador-17866524-mbqf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg