Contador Junior Team

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Imo that will be junior camps where oldies will teach the younger generation how to engraft edgar washin' down anabolics and all that jazz. Probably even the founder will come and give a couple of lesson. That is going to be a fun!
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
SiAp1984 said:
I had a really good laugh when I read this article:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-to-launch-team-sponsored-by-specialized-in-2013

AC sponsors a junior team managed by a former Banesto rider from the early/mid 90ies. One of the last clear members of the "old generation" - programmed by guys like Saiz, Fuentes, Marti, Riis, and Bruyneel over the years - starts a junior team. That's what change in cycling looks like...
I guess you implying the use of drugs...
 
Mar 10, 2009
6,158
1
0
I heard they will be suited up in high top cycling shoes and holsters, not sure what will be in the holsters though, probably will be shown at the team presentation :p
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
Presumably, they will be receiving expert diet advice (no steaks) and how to chose the right DS and gynaecologist.
 
Jul 25, 2011
157
0
0
Fidolix said:
I guess you implying the use of drugs...
well, your reading it in the clinic :cool:

But I think it comes down to the question if there's room in cycling for such figures (in a leading role) ...

I'm all for rehabilitation and helping in the right way (learn form your mistakes and prevent others from doing so) but cycling got itself it this question-everything position, so to conclude evenly shallow, maybe you should get your head looked at.
 
Jul 25, 2011
157
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
This thread is so utterly pathetic TS should get a life.
Yes we all know your a contador fanboy/girl and everything being even remotely discussed or mentioned of him is pathetic ... funny, that's kinda pathetic too :)
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
cycling is so much cleaner now.
there is no room in the sport for cheats.
the sport has changed significantly after 2006.
you can now win GTs clean, as Contador and Wiggins have shown.
 
wannab said:
Yes we all know your a contador fanboy/girl and everything being even remotely discussed or mentioned of him is pathetic ... funny, that's kinda pathetic too :)
You know if you try I'm sure you can see doping in everything. What if he gets a kid, oh he's probably gonna dope the kid too! He's starting a junior team and until there's evidence he's doping those kids don't suggest it, you're just embarrassing yourself ffs. Those young lads are over the moon with this chance they're getting. Life is so much better if you're not suspicious about everything.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
I think parents considering to send their kid to Contador's junior team should check out the Contador's Head-thread first and then reconsider.
 
Jul 25, 2011
157
0
0
sniper said:
I think parents considering to send their kid to Contador's junior team should check out the Contador's Head-thread first and then reconsider.
I couldn't agree more :D

LaFlorecita said:
You know if you try I'm sure you can see doping in everything. What if he gets a kid, oh he's probably gonna dope the kid too! He's starting a junior team and until there's evidence he's doping those kids don't suggest it, you're just embarrassing yourself ffs. Those young lads are over the moon with this chance they're getting. Life is so much better if you're not suspicious about everything.
1. I never said that, nor do I support the implications the TS may have intended with this post.
But I do see an underlying question in this; is there room in cycling for dubious figures, that's all ..

As typical fanboy-like behavior you ignored this completely and jumped directly on the offensive side, which I find rather embarrassing for you, because you can't resist to shout out against anything negative to do with Contador (as every fanboy, and thus can't look at it with an open mind).

2. "Life is so much better if you're not suspicious about everything"

We are talking on a Cycling forum related to doping .. and, I hate to repeat this so much but, cycling is to blame for this
 
While i applause the idea of inspiring youngster getting involved in cycling it should be questioned during the currrent scheme of things. Not because of AC (in the bigger perspective he is just a pawn) but due to the many dirty hands who would get themselves involved in this project. Remember how Armstrong used Livestrong and cancer as his cover when building out the Omertá from the the days of Festina and Telekom.

Wannab said:
But I think it comes down to the question if there's room in cycling for such figures (in a leading role) ...
Of course. It is not like AC one day entered cycling and said: "Ok, lets set up a doping regime here". Unless, of course, he isnt responsible for the blood doping program in the 90´ies according to the Clinic. He came in as a young guy in the Era when the americans via their italian connection fueled the peleton with PEDs, offering covering up, doctors, lawyers (mainly via the Ferrari family) and where you was told if you wanted to be a winner you had to dope to catch up. As what have been said by Ullrich and pretty much everyone in the top 10 between 1998-2005.

Cleaning up in cycling begins from the top (organisers, federations, sponsors) and not the bottom (riders).

Wannab said:
I'm all for rehabilitation and helping in the right way (learn form your mistakes and prevent others from doing so) but cycling got itself it this question-everything position, so to conclude evenly shallow, maybe you should get your head looked at.
Hardly any "mistake" from a few that the cycling world has been runned like a mob from the Ferrari family. It is a highly organised network with doctors, lawyers, bankers, money laundering and tax fraud involving 20+cycling teams and a handful of triathletes and athletes from other sports. Removing the experimented riders so that the guys pulling the strings can ruin and corrupt the next generation? Great idea.

LaFlorecita said:
You know if you try I'm sure you can see doping in everything. What if he gets a kid, oh he's probably gonna dope the kid too! He's starting a junior team and until there's evidence he's doping those kids don't suggest it, you're just embarrassing yourself ffs. Those young lads are over the moon with this chance they're getting. Life is so much better if you're not suspicious about everything.
I think you are wrong here. People are in general not as suspicious as they should be. Because of this its why the true evils goes free in this world. If we take TS he is of course very suspicious about Contador but that is as far as his worldview allows him.
 
wannab said:
1. I never said that, nor do I support the implications the TS may have intended with this post.
But I do see an underlying question in this; is there room in cycling for dubious figures, that's all ..

As typical fanboy-like behavior you ignored this completely and jumped directly on the offensive side, which I find rather embarrassing for you, because you can't resist to shout out against anything negative to do with Contador (as every fanboy, and thus can't look at it with an open mind).
:D :D

My post wasn't about you in particular btw more about the average regular clinic poster
 
No_Balls said:
I think you are wrong here. People are in general not as suspicious as they should be. Because of this its why the true evils goes free in this world. If we take TS he is of course very suspicious about Contador but that is as far as his worldview allows him.
I'm not saying people shouldn't be suspicious I'm just saying people shouldn't be suspicious about everything
 
LaFlorecita said:
I'm not saying people shouldn't be suspicious I'm just saying people shouldn't be suspicious about everything
Would you let your child accept candy from a convicted child molester? There's nothing wrong with the candy, I assure you!

Parents of those juniors need to be invited by national child protection services to speak about their responsibility to keep kids out of harm at least until a certain age.
 
Cloxxki said:
Would you let your child accept candy from a convicted child molester? There's nothing wrong with the candy, I assure you!

Parents of those juniors need to be invited by national child protection services to speak about their responsibility to keep kids out of harm at least until a certain age.
By the way. Those "kids" are 17-18 years old. They're not babies anymore.
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
Would you let a 17-18 year old accept candy from a sexual predator?

I believe the word we are looking for here is 'grooming'
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
The thread will be closed with establishing of the fund for buying a brain for one of the posters... :D
 
Mar 17, 2009
294
0
9,030
Is the idea completely wrong? I ask myself.

Is there anything good coming out of this?

Investing in cycling is bad? My goodness what times we're living.

Yes they are tough times and again I guess the popular sentiment at the moment is:

We shouldn't support any investing in kids right now because the whole sport is dirty and absolutely will not get any benefits because these kids will become dopers.

Well maybe something even one of those kids will be a good investment for the sport or to the very least will have the opportunity to just ride his bike and see how disgusting the doping practices are and walk away but will live that experience, how many kids just have nothing to look for and without support end up having a meaningless life as a result.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY