• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Copenhagen 2011: Junior Men TT 27.8km & Women TT 27.8km

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
So do the Aussies have any chance in these?
In the women, which I know hardly anything about, it seems unlikely with Pooley, Vos, van Dijk and Arndt looking to be favourites. Clara Hughes might set a decent time in the second group.

Junior boys I know less than the women.

Well Taryn Heather is the current Australian champion and the best rank Aussie in there. She has been working hard in the leadup but think here in experience will show and could buckle under the pressure

Gillow could also be a rank outsider but don't see her toppling Voss, Whitten and pooley.

My prediction: Pooley, Whitten, Voss

No idea witht eh boys, although David Edwards is 4th last to ride so could be a chance

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I don't know why Alex Morgan isn't there, current Australian champ, beat Watson and Edwards by over a minute. Part of the WR (U19) 4000m Team Pursuit last month, almost went sub 4-minutes.

This.

Watson will medal tonight. Don't think it will be gold though.

Moondance said:
Vos FTW...

I know TTing isn't her thing but I don't care. My heart tells me she'll win :p

Also will be looking out for Martina Sablikova. She's an amazing speed skater. Interesting she's also doing the bike these days

Indeed. Though biking is a common training method for speed skaters and maybe the competition - for women - in the Czech Republic isn't that great. Ireen Wust would make for a great rouleur. :p