Cricket- the sport not the insect

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Now we have the T20 semi final line up

NZ v ENG
WI v INDIA

Great finish from Kohli today,

Looking forward to the semis , can India stop Gayle

England v Sri Lanka saw some great final overs from Jordan and Stokes under pressure to see England through
 
Amazing that had Bangladesh not completely blew it against India the hosts would have been out, still cant believe Bangladesh only needed 2 off the final 3 balls and choked, instead of tapping a couple of singles went for the hero shots and lost 3 wickets.

Should be 2 very good games but you'd have to say India are slight favourites at this point.
 
Re:

del1962 said:
Now we have the T20 semi final line up

NZ v ENG
WI v INDIA

Great finish from Kohli today,

Looking forward to the semis , can India stop Gayle

England v Sri Lanka saw some great final overs from Jordan and Stokes under pressure to see England through
Would like to see the Windies take it out but can't get too interested in this form of cricket. Each to their own I guess !
 
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
del1962 said:
Now we have the T20 semi final line up

NZ v ENG
WI v INDIA

Great finish from Kohli today,

Looking forward to the semis , can India stop Gayle

England v Sri Lanka saw some great final overs from Jordan and Stokes under pressure to see England through
I used to not like T20, but I have come round to it, lots of inovation, though on some pitches against some batsmen you have to feel for the bowlers

Would like to see the Windies take it out but can't get too interested in this form of cricket. Each to their own I guess !
 
Re:

42x16ss said:
Did anyone else catch that last over from Stokes to Brathwaite? :D :eek:
Incredible stuff, fair play to the WIndies, the best team of the tournament won.

Very proud of England's performance overall. Having been at an all time low 12 months ago after our shocking world cup performance its been some year. Winning the Ashes and really turning our one-day team around. We now have a core group of superb players who can carry England for a long time to come.
 
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
42x16ss said:
Did anyone else catch that last over from Stokes to Brathwaite? :D :eek:
Incredible stuff, fair play to the WIndies, the best team of the tournament won.

Very proud of England's performance overall. Having been at an all time low 12 months ago after our shocking world cup performance its been some year. Winning the Ashes and really turning our one-day team around. We now have a core group of superb players who can carry England for a long time to come.
Windies did well to do the double but they are still a long way off in ODIs and Tests. Hopefully the success filters down to the youth level players and helps motivate them.
 
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
movingtarget said:
Good start by the Australians in the Ashes Series. If they bowl well at the WACA the series could be decided pretty soon.
England will do well just to draw this match ATM, I think Smith only wants to bat once.
Yeah I think only rain saves England now. Australia will declare with a lead of probably 200 or more and have plenty of time to bowl them out on a pitch that will be worse. From what I have seen so far I can't see England's batting surviving for more than a day and a half. Supposed to rain tomorrow but not till late.
 
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
42x16ss said:
movingtarget said:
Good start by the Australians in the Ashes Series. If they bowl well at the WACA the series could be decided pretty soon.
England will do well just to draw this match ATM, I think Smith only wants to bat once.
Yeah I think only rain saves England now. Australia will declare with a lead of probably 200 or more and have plenty of time to bowl them out on a pitch that will be worse. From what I have seen so far I can't see England's batting surviving for more than a day and a half. Supposed to rain tomorrow but not till late.
England’s batting has been very sporadic, someone always seems to contribute enough to stop them being completely embarrassed (2nd innings of the first test excluded). The main issue is that Cook has good touch but no form/luck and the Australian quicks have worked out Root. This is the biggest problem for them.
 
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
movingtarget said:
42x16ss said:
movingtarget said:
Good start by the Australians in the Ashes Series. If they bowl well at the WACA the series could be decided pretty soon.
England will do well just to draw this match ATM, I think Smith only wants to bat once.
Yeah I think only rain saves England now. Australia will declare with a lead of probably 200 or more and have plenty of time to bowl them out on a pitch that will be worse. From what I have seen so far I can't see England's batting surviving for more than a day and a half. Supposed to rain tomorrow but not till late.
England’s batting has been very sporadic, someone always seems to contribute enough to stop them being completely embarrassed (2nd innings of the first test excluded). The main issue is that Cook has good touch but no form/luck and the Australian quicks have worked out Root. This is the biggest problem for them.
Root and Cook were a bit unlucky but a great catch from Hazlewood and deflection from the keeper to slip for Root's dismissal while the only batsman that has looked good in the second innings for England, Vince, received an unplayable ball from Starc and that was the end of him. Looks like team changes coming up for England after this series. Stokes not playing hurt them a lot.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY