• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné May 30-June 6 2021

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I would say that Padun wins TdF but i feel he made a gross mistake. If he flew under the radar he could loose like 2-3 min and then go absolutely ham on the first alpine stage, gain like 3-4 mins like a certain Danish chicken and with this form and juice he could as well bring it home to Paris unless he would be popped, also like a certain Danish chicken.

Amazing performance by Padun again, he lost nothing to GC favourites on Joux Plane (about 3' at the start and at the top).
Porte (supported by two super-bodyguards Hart and Thomas) undroppable on the climb (poor Superman) but the descent was a different story. A bit of drama there but it ended up well for Ineos - after the fall Thomas managed to close the gap and help the leader at the end.

Reactions: Sandisfan and PlanZ
I would say that Padun wins TdF but i feel he made a gross mistake. If he flew under the radar he could loose like 2-3 min and then go absolutely ham on the first alpine stage, gain like 3-4 mins like a certain Danish chicken and with this form and juice he could as well bring it home to Paris unless he would be popped, also like a certain Danish chicken.

What on earth are you on about?

:rolleyes:

Skjelmose interview:

"Next goal is helping Mads win nationals, and then I am hoping the national coach is watching this, because I am climbing well and am hopeful of being selected for the Olympics".

Mikkel Bjerg interview:

"I was planning to do the groupetto today, but legs felt good, and then I caught Froome and passed him, so the rest of the stage I dug deep while fantasizing about being about to win the tour in front of him. - It was fun to try, everyone on the mountain was cheering Froome on, shouting "come on Chris".

Okay, I'm just trying to forget the Padun thing for a moment and have to say that team performance from Ineos was ridicoulus. What on earth was Thomas doing in this race? This is his way of proving he should be the sole leader at the Tour?

We all have to remember, that being a preparation race, the team gives the riders a larger degree of freedom to ride as they please.

It's more of a "every man for himself" approach, which will certainly not be the case in the tour.

Reactions: Sandisfan