• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 stage 2, 160km, Lamastre→Saint-Félicien

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 stage 2, 160km, Lamastre→Saint-Félicien

Profile:
PROFIL.png

Last 5km:
PROFILKMS.png

Route:
CARTE.jpg

Hopefully atleast as interesting as today and it seems that you can't look past Evans, who should be the main favorite for tomorrow aswell.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Evans only won today because of a well timed attack.
I dont think his perfomance today really gave an indication of his form in comparison to other favorites for such a stage, we know his form is good but today's stage is not conclusive to say he is doing so very well.

Gilbert for me.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Do we have a profile of the final climb?

The last few kms profile is in 1km resolution and contains contradictory information as a result.

When in doubt, take the figures:
Km 160.0 - SAINT-FÉLICIEN - 2.5 km de montée à 4.4 % - Catégorie 4

So, a bit harder than the picture profile, but not exactly a ramp.
Maybe a toss up between a Degenkolb type and a Voeckler type, but not really a Gilbert finish. (if such a thing exists, this season)

Mellow Velo said:
When in doubt, take the figures:
Km 160.0 - SAINT-FÉLICIEN - 2.5 km de montée à 4.4 % - Catégorie 4

So, a bit harder than the picture profile, but not exactly a ramp.
Maybe a toss up between a Degenkolb type and a Voeckler type, but not really a Gilbert finish. (if such a thing exists, this season)

Ta.

A Gilbert finish is presumably when one climbs off after 75km and speeds away to the dentists in a waiting taxi?

Ho ho ho

jobiwan said:
EBH for the win
No, he was working on the front today on a stage that was perfect for him. He said afterwards that "I was only looking to help Wiggins today and did some pulls at the front, but I was allowed to try for the sprint in the final. Tomorrow I will be a pure domestique."

So yeah, his form is good enough to get over the final climb today even after working on the front but he's still scheduled to pull on the flat and fetch water bottles tomorrow (even if he has the white jersey). Sky's plan is clearly to save their mountain domestiques as long as possible. Only EBH and Pate are sacrificed...

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Lexman said:
Wiggins to lose the jersey at all cost (he wants to ride ITT in British champion jersey)...

Uhhhh.... Wiggins isnt the British National TT champ, Dowsett is, so it would be kinda hard for him to ride the TT in the "British champion jersey".

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Uhhhh.... Wiggins isnt the British National TT champ, Dowsett is, so it would be kinda hard for him to ride the TT in the "British champion jersey".

He said he wanted to ride in some kind of a British Jersey. Doesnt have to be National Jersey but resembling UK. Not a normal Sky jersey ;)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
He said he wanted to ride in some kind of a British Jersey. Doesnt have to be National Jersey but resembling UK. Not a normal Sky jersey ;)

:confused:

He said he wanted to ride in the Sky jersey...

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
It looks like a good stage for the break, with no flat. But then noone can be given much freedom because they're all within 30s of each other. The reason I suggested that Sky would have their work cut out.

OK maybe it'snot that hard a finish. Neither Matthews nor Degenkolb were in the first group today though, so I doubt they're that good. EBH, Simon - yes. Martens to be thereabouts as well, like I said yesterday.