• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling holiday advert?

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello new here pls forgive if this is an old question- is there somewhere to advertise our hse in the south of france for cycling holidays? & does anyone know if its a worthwhile venture?
Thank u for any advice x

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I didnt expect it to be free- but it seems Im banging a brick wall as far as any info to take it further - or any response at all bar 'no'. Are u teenagers by any chance?

A

Anonymous

Im not sure why everyone is being so unhelpful.

Are you looking at advertising on the actual cn website? That would be expensive.

I assume you are asking if there are any cycling sites where you can advertise your house. really you would be looking at registered with the normal b&b sites, or holiday sites and specifically stating that you welcome cyclists. Off the top of my head I dont know of any specific cycling sites that do that. You could also try approaching some of the companies that offer cycling tours.

Do you have a website or anything, worth setting up a simple website with the property, views of the area, maybe some cycling routes already laid out as gpx files so that people can view them. And then take it from there.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
kjpit01 said:
Hello new here pls forgive if this is an old question- is there somewhere to advertise our hse in the south of france for cycling holidays? & does anyone know if its a worthwhile venture?
Thank u for any advice x

If you mean just to make your house available for touring cyclists as a service (rather than renting it to them) and a way of meeting people from elsewhere, there is http://www.warmshowers.org ; it's a cooperative help-each-other network.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
We are 15 mins from Draguinan, a little village called Tourtour. 700 meters up a mountain, always cyclists going up & down the mountain.
1 hour from Nice & also 1 hour from St Tropez- far enough away to miss the crowds.
This year its full till mid september- I was mostly interested in making the summer season last a bit longer :)

email kjpit@aol.com if you do want to talk further