• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Cycling on USA TV 2019

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
silvergrenade said:
Why are you not streaming through GCN Facebook?
Its HD quality, never stops.
This the page? https://www.facebook.com/globalcyclingnetwork/
Yes.

Stage 8: https://www.facebook.com/globalcyclingnetwork/videos/984288211774973/
Todays Stage 9: https://www.facebook.com/globalcyclingnetwork/videos/600546117091190/
It has all the other stages of the Giro from start to finish if you want to download them as well.
 
It amazes me that the Giro organizers are so seemingly short sited with the USA rights packages, and they don' seem to be thinking long term of building their brand in the US. I suggest they give a cheap long term ( 5 year) deal to a mainstream US cable channel that would in turn really sell the Giro and provide the kind of coverage that NBC provides the TdF.
 
Re:

Potomac said:
It amazes me that the Giro organizers are so seemingly short sited with the USA rights packages, and they don' seem to be thinking long term of building their brand in the US. I suggest they give a cheap long term ( 5 year) deal to a mainstream US cable channel that would in turn really sell the Giro and provide the kind of coverage that NBC provides the TdF.

That sure would be nice because Flobikes fails 3-5 times a day. But it sure beats Tiz that fails 20 times! I just expect a better feed for $30.
 
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Potomac said:
NBC isn't very clear about what TdF coverage is available outside of purchasing the pass.
Live TV coverage starts every day around 6AM EDT and there are 2 shortened replays each day. Otherwise it is on line via the Gold Pass daily.
And at 8pm EST they showed the whole stage through like live but with more interviews thrown in.

The replays were usual 2 hours and one after live and prime time.
 
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Potomac said:
NBC isn't very clear about what TdF coverage is available outside of purchasing the pass.
Live TV coverage starts every day around 6AM EDT and there are 2 shortened replays each day. Otherwise it is on line via the Gold Pass daily.
I sucked it up and paid for the Gold Pass to get commercial-free full coverage. But the regular coverage by NBCSN is probably very adequate.
 
NBC is having some short shows about discussion for the Tour de France. They are nice. However yesterday I was listening to Bob Roll and I have to tell you that he has been living in a cave for the last year. What a weird answers he gave. Like the top favorite being Thomas. I think that was OK answer, but to say that without Froome there is not leadership issues anymore in Ineos was strange. After that he mentioned that Bernal could be a dark horse that can ride un-noticed and break away in one of the flattish or medium mountain stages. Dark Horse??? it doesn't get any whiter than that.

Anyway, anything to pump the Tour is good!! :)
 
Unfortunately we have to listen to even more of Bob Roll during the race now as he's being pared with Phil in the broadcast booth. I'd much prefer listening to the race in a language I can't understand than those two for the duration of this race. Yes, I do think he's been living in a cave for the past year.
 
Great Tribute to Paul Sherwin. It had me in tears.

Horner is already annoying me. Maybe I'll warm up to him as the race goes on :).

It's grand to have Le Tour stage on TV start to finish! I let 30 minutes record before I start watching so I can FF through the commercials. I'm still 17 minutes behind after 2 hours 40 minutes.
 
We have to give them some time. It is hard to be in broadcasting. We are all so different and can get annoyed by many different things. It will be hard to please everyone. Same happens with Colombian broadcasting, British broadcasting etc. :)
 
Re:

Escarabajo said:
We have to give them some time. It is hard to be in broadcasting. We are all so different and can get annoyed by many different things. It will be hard to please everyone. Same happens with Colombian broadcasting, British broadcasting etc. :)
Yeah I'm already warming up to Horner. He is refreshingly Honest and says what he thinks LOL!
 
Mar 26, 2017
27
0
0
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Catwhoorg said:
I hate the segment with "an interview" of Lance.

He doesn't deserve airtime.
I FFed through it. I refuse to listen to the ***. And I wrote to NBCSN. nNo Lance is Wanted in the broadcast!
I am not a Lance fan - but I thought the segment was still meaningful despite the 2s time lag.

As to Lance, he obviously screwed up in the way he treated others back at the time, but there are many other cyclists from that time frame that are far from saints, laying the generational blame on him is not fair, especially when US football and baseball, bat a blind eye to 1000s of athletes(HS-Pros) forced to take PEDS to match everyone else. In addition, our current administration at more than willing to blatantly teach the younger generation that lying, misinformation and character attacks are the way to get ahead.
 
Re: Re:

nedhill said:
Carols said:
Catwhoorg said:
I hate the segment with "an interview" of Lance.

He doesn't deserve airtime.
I FFed through it. I refuse to listen to the ***. And I wrote to NBCSN. nNo Lance is Wanted in the broadcast!
I am not a Lance fan - but I thought the segment was still meaningful despite the 2s time lag.

As to Lance, he obviously screwed up in the way he treated others back at the time, but there are many other cyclists from that time frame that are far from saints, laying the generational blame on him is not fair, especially when US football and baseball, bat a blind eye to 1000s of athletes(HS-Pros) forced to take PEDS to match everyone else. In addition, our current administration at more than willing to blatantly teach the younger generation that lying, misinformation and character attacks are the way to get ahead.
Wow another Lance apologist :(
 
Re:

Moviefan1203 said:
Really missed Paul today. Didn’t feel the same at all. :(

He’s all I have ever known watching the Tour de France.
My time goes back before Paul joined Phil (ala the John Tesh - Phil Days), and didn't realize how much I would miss him until now. I liked Roll as a rider so have some patience for him to grow into the role. Being around during the days of no live or same day coverage, I take what they offer.
 
Roll has toned down the buffoon shtick significantly and he is tolerable, but he has a long way to go before becoming enjoyable.

When it is Roll's time to read the explanatory comments on the passing landmarks, eg viaducts, chateau, ancient ruins etc, it really comes off flat. He will never make it sound like he has genuine interest in any cultural or historical landscape. He will always sound like an 8th grader reading in front of a classroom from a text he as never seen before. Somebody else needs to do that job.

Horner and CVV are great when they disagree, and like that Horner expresses strong opinions.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Libertine Seguros Professional Road Racing 3
E Professional Road Racing 25

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts