• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Carols said:
So FloBikes is now shafting us also :(. You can no longer purchase monthly access....annually only. They sure are making it difficult to do things legally!

Why doesn't that surprise me. At this point not sure it's worth it to even try to do it legally over here. Youtube is still free. Obviously we need VPNs over here.

Re:

Carols said:
So FloBikes is now shafting us also :(. You can no longer purchase monthly access....annually only. They sure are making it difficult to do things legally!
I should have checked this thread first (brain fart on my part), I realized you couldn't sign up for the monthly subscription only after I had paid the annual $150, which I had no intention of doing. Don't ask me why I thought that, it's one of those mysteries.

I immediately canceled the subscription and had contacted customer service (I was definitely going to dispute the charge if they didn't give me a refund), but they got back to me saying that I will be charged only 30 bucks for what I presume is the month of May. I can only hope because that's all I wanted!

This is what customer service at Flobikes said:

Thanks for reaching out! Your account has been changed to the monthly subscription plan of $29.99 per month and the remaining amount was refunded. The $12.50 refers to the monthly average of the yearly subscription fee which is billed annually. Please allow 5-10 business days for the refund to appear on your statement.

I have also set your account to cancel before the next billing period to ensure no further billing. We hope to serve you again in the future!

Thank you,

FloSports Support

I would suggest contacting customer service to see if you can still get the month-by-month subscription, on their website Flobikes gives you only the $150 annual subscription option. (Much like Koronin I can't afford to fork out that much upfront.)

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Carols said:
I should have checked this thread first (brain fart on my part), I realized you couldn't sign up for the monthly subscription only after I had paid the annual $150, which I had no intention of doing. Don't ask me why I thought that, it's one of those mysteries.

I immediately canceled the subscription and had contacted customer service (I was definitely going to dispute the charge if they didn't give me a refund), but they got back to me saying that I will be charged only 30 bucks for what I presume is the month of May. I can only hope because that's all I wanted!

This is what customer service at Flobikes said:

Thanks for reaching out! Your account has been changed to the monthly subscription plan of $29.99 per month and the remaining amount was refunded. The $12.50 refers to the monthly average of the yearly subscription fee which is billed annually. Please allow 5-10 business days for the refund to appear on your statement.

I have also set your account to cancel before the next billing period to ensure no further billing. We hope to serve you again in the future!

Thank you,

FloSports Support

I would suggest contacting customer service to see if you can still get the month-by-month subscription, on their website Flobikes gives you only the $150 annual subscription option. (Much like Koronin I can't afford to fork out that much upfront.)

Thanks I coughed up the $159.00 so will see what I can get back!

Carols said:
Having worked retail in the past all I can say is just be diplomatic and nice to customer service, and they'll be nice to you.

I would just inquire whether they still have the monthly subscription option, say you actually wanted to go monthly only, and see if you can get a refund for the months you didn't want.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

PS - I'm sure you already know this, but any communication with FloSports/FloBikes you have you need to save in case there are any charge disputes.

check and see if your cable provider carries a channel called "RAI" as one of their international channels. i noticed while looking through the channel guide that they are showing the Giro. my cable company charges $9.95 to add that channel. might be a cheaper option if you dont mind watching it without english commentary.

Re:

zlev11 said:
check and see if your cable provider carries a channel called "RAI" as one of their international channels. i noticed while looking through the channel guide that they are showing the Giro. my cable company charges $9.95 to add that channel. might be a cheaper option if you dont mind watching it without english commentary.

RAI is the Italian network with the primary rights for broadcasting the Giro--other networks use the RAI feed, so you would be getting your broadcast directly from the horse's mouth.

Tricycle Rider said:
Carols said:
Having worked retail in the past all I can say is just be diplomatic and nice to customer service, and they'll be nice to you.

I would just inquire whether they still have the monthly subscription option, say you actually wanted to go monthly only, and see if you can get a refund for the months you didn't want.

PS - I'm sure you already know this, but any communication with FloSports/FloBikes you have you need to save in case there are any charge disputes.

I pleaded my case and have been promised a refund for the difference :) My account is now listed as 'Trialling'.

If they charged it at $12.50 per month instead of the entire amount at once I'd just keep it all year! They do have some nice races throughout the year. They have the Vuelta listed which makes me wonder as NBCSN has always had tat since Universal closed. I sure hope NBCSN carries the Vuelta this year!

Carols said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Carols said:

I pleaded my case and have been promised a refund for the difference :) My account is now listed as 'Trialling'.

If they charged it at $12.50 per month instead of the entire amount at once I'd just keep it all year! They do have some nice races throughout the year. They have the Vuelta listed which makes me wonder as NBCSN has always had tat since Universal closed. I sure hope NBCSN carries the Vuelta this year!

The Vuelta is on NBCsports and the Olympic Channel. Flobikes had the Vuelta last year, but ONLY for Canadian subscribers.

Koronin said:
Carols said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Carols said:

The Vuelta is on NBCsports and the Olympic Channel. Flobikes had the Vuelta last year, but ONLY for Canadian subscribers.

Thanks I checked Vuelta is Canada only. Now I feel better as I have both NBCSN and Olympic Channel.

Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Carols said:

Thanks I checked Vuelta is Canada only. Now I feel better as I have both NBCSN and Olympic Channel.

We do this year as well since we upgraded our Dish/DVR to get HD channels we now have the Olympic Channel. Last year we didn't. I got it upgraded right about the time of the Worlds. The Worlds should also be on the Olympic Channel. Of course having had to evacuate for a hurricane last year during the middle of the Vuelta didn't really help either.

yeah it's completely unwatchable. it's really disappointing because this is such a beautiful time trial. remember last year when Fubo dropped the feed on the finish of a mountain summit finish?

it's just typical capitalism, you pay out the ass for something and the quality of it is still complete garbage.

Re:

zlev11 said:
yeah it's completely unwatchable. it's really disappointing because this is such a beautiful time trial. remember last year when Fubo dropped the feed on the finish of a mountain summit finish?

it's just typical capitalism, you pay out the *** for something and the quality of it is still complete garbage.

I couldn't agree more! I paid for this crap !@#$

Anyone getting poor picture quality lately with flobikes? The picture for me is constantly In and out of focus the past few weeks. It is very noticeable on TV compared to the web. NBC sports gold for TOC is fine.

Re:

rwidebody said:
Anyone getting poor picture quality lately with flobikes? The picture for me is constantly In and out of focus the past few weeks. It is very noticeable on TV compared to the web. NBC sports gold for TOC is fine.
I only watched it on Saturday, but the picture quality was very bad for me. I wasn't sure whether it was my internet connection that was the problem.

shalgo said:
rwidebody said:
I only watched it on Saturday, but the picture quality was very bad for me. I wasn't sure whether it was my internet connection that was the problem.

It wasn't you...it was bad for the first 1.5 hours then was very clean. Day 2 was the only day without issue. So far it's 2 of 3 stages with issues :(

before we blame Flobikes, they get the feed from FuboTV. it's them who are dropping the feed. what annoys me about Flobikes is that they don't even put up a corrected replay, i just spent my evening watching the stage i missed while working today only to miss the last 3.5k that dropped out live. they had all day to acquire that footage and they didn't.

TRENDING THREADS