• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It looks to me like it will also be on NBCSN, but at 11:00pm or 12:00am. No way I'm going to stay up that late (I couldn't!), and I don't have a VCR/DVD recorder setup. Also, that is not one of the "On Demand" programs that NBCSN allows us to watch on Sling TV. So, I'm not going to watch it I guess. I don't like those web sites that aren't 100% legal, or that you get Gawd only knows what kind of viruses. I'll probably watch the "Last 15 kilometer" videos that steephill.tv let you see after the race ends.

I don't know where you're looking perhaps at the Friday 12AM recap of the Arctic Race?

Vuelta Prologue is Saturday 4PM EDT and Sunday stage is 10AM EDT. That is as far as my DISH schedule goes. Granted the streaming will most likely start much earlier as they usually show much more of the stage. But the last 2 hours is fine with me :).

I don't know where you're looking perhaps at the Friday 12AM recap of the Arctic Race?

Vuelta Prologue is Saturday 4PM EDT and Sunday stage is 10AM EDT. That is as far as my DISH schedule goes. Granted the streaming will most likely start much earlier as they usually show much more of the stage. But the last 2 hours is fine with me :).

You're looking at the Olympic Channel's broadcast schedule. NBCSports is showing it in late night. They have NASCAR and Indy Car on during the day.

I use the TV gude site: https://www.titantv.com/default.aspx

The Arctic Race shows up on NBCSN, but also some stages of Vuelta. Not the Prologue, but Stage 1 shows at Sun 08/25 early at 12:00am (midnight between 08/24 & 08/25). Which looking at cyclingstage.com, Stage 1 won't start until that Sun afternoon. Stage 2 shows up 24 hours later at 12:00am Mon 08/26. No more shows up until Stage 6, at the end of the listings shown.

That's screwy.

I use the TV gude site: https://www.titantv.com/default.aspx

The Arctic Race shows up on NBCSN, but also some stages of Vuelta. Not the Prologue, but Stage 1 shows at Sun 08/25 early at 12:00am (midnight between 08/24 & 08/25). Which looking at cyclingstage.com, Stage 1 won't start until that Sun afternoon. Stage 2 shows up 24 hours later at 12:00am Mon 08/26. No more shows up until Stage 6, at the end of the listings shown.

That's screwy.

I didn't even realize NBCSN was showing it in replays. It is live on Olympic Channel another NBC station. Yes I understand that the replay by NBCSN in the middle of the night and the spotty coverage is crazy!
I assume you don't have Olympic Channel :(.

I didn't even realize NBCSN was showing it in replays. It is live on Olympic Channel another NBC station. Yes I understand that the replay by NBCSN in the middle of the night and the spotty coverage is crazy!
I assume you don't have Olympic Channel :(.
No. Wish I did. Maybe some year. My budget only allows for whatever I can see on my level of Sling TV and broadcast TV. OAN then Versus did a good job about popularizing cycling and bringing it to TV that I could see. NBCSN took it over and promptly screwed it up greatly, though ToF coverage is still outstanding. Some year I'm probably going to have to break down and get different/better coverage.

Oh! I didn't know Olympic Channel was an NBC station. Are they going to screw it up also? Hope not.

[edit: I guess that was OLN instead of OAN]

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
No. Wish I did. Maybe some year. My budget only allows for whatever I can see on my level of Sling TV and broadcast TV. OAN then Versus did a good job about popularizing cycling and bringing it to TV that I could see. NBCSN took it over and promptly screwed it up greatly, though ToF coverage is still outstanding. Some year I'm probably going to have to break down and get different/better coverage.

Oh! I didn't know Olympic Channel was an NBC station. Are they going to screw it up also? Hope not.

I have no doubt they will sooner or later :( I think they bought it 3 years ago.

Wait a minute. Neither cyclingstage.com nor steephill.tv shows that there is a prologue for 2019. They show the TTT on Saturday 08/24 as Stage 1. So, the NBCSN schedule for stage 1 and stage 2 might not be screwy afterall.

So, any comments on flobikes quality now that the season is winding down? I'm considering it here in Canada. Lots of complaints on this thread back in May, how was the service in general this year?
And who are the commentators?
What's the verdict-worth it?
Thanks!

So, any comments on flobikes quality now that the season is winding down? I'm considering it here in Canada. Lots of complaints on this thread back in May, how was the service in general this year?
And who are the commentators?
What's the verdict-worth it?
Thanks!

Since I wanted to see the Giro live it was worth it. It was certainly better than Tiz even if the quality for a paid service was poor!

No reason to start another thread for the disastrous cycling coverage on TV in the US, so posting it under this thread:
NBC did not renew their contract to show the Worlds after 2020. (Not sure if anyone even has that in the US for 2021).
Now we get that NBC is shutting down NBCSports completely at the end of 2021. Likely whatever cycling they decide to show on TV will be on the Olympic channel after this year if they even renew their contract with the ASO after it expires. Their NHL coverage contract expires at the end of this season so hopefully that will go back to ESPN next year.
Here's a link:

Alas yes it does. IMO they should move it to the Olympic Channel where they show the Vuelta live now. Move all the cycling over there. It's live and recordable. I dislike streaming, so many glitches!
I am in full agreement with you.
I still refuse to pay NBC for what I should get for free due to having a cable/satellite subscription. From what I can tell a lot of other people feel the same way. Pretty much either give it to us for what we are already paying or we'll find other ways to watch. Plus we all know internet companies are getting ready to start slowing speeds once you hit certain data points. That's already starting.

They are already trying to charge $60 per year for IMSA coverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carols
has anyone heard about who will be airing the Italian races this season? Strade Bianche, Tirreno and the Giro are gone from the 2021 Flobikes schedule and I heard that Fubo Cycling is shutting down. It's actually quite a shame, that service was very good and they have nothing except for the Flanders Classics races for the US this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Thanks!!! I just subscribed :). They are running a 1/2 price special through February and I just paid $24.99 for 1 year. Sure beats FloBikes $150.00 and their crappy feeds. Tried it out on an on-demand race and it's a great picture with no commercials. Not recordable but neither was Flobikes. You can't have everything!

LOL with my luck 1/2 the races they show will be cancelled due to covid. But I'm just so happy to have the RCS races, especially the Giro :).

Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS