• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just saw this. It indeed did start at 6AM EDT time -5AM to you. But it was 1/2 hour of the neutral zone. So you can decide to sleep an extra 1/2 hour if you'd like. TV coverage sarts at 8AM and will probably be 1/2 hour of yakking with Horner & Vanderveldt before they show the race :).
Yeah. That's right. I got up at 05:00amCST and it was on and was the old pre-show. I just looked for Sun 07/03 and it is 1hr 30 difference VS the 2hr today. So, I guess the "broadcast" shows won't have the pre-show and the start of the race, but the streaming shows at Peacock will. Which is what NBSCN used to do, but they would list the pre-show as a separate entry on the TV guide listings.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I kinda like Horner and Vande Velde's interaction, if nothing else they look like they're having fun. (Never thought I'd see Horner in a suit and makeup, though. :D)
You know, before covid, and on the mountain stages, they used to put CVV out on a bicycle to preview the stage and show a bit of how the stage would be. I enjoyed those immensely, though I don't enjoy CVV that much. Chris seems to be a bit more subdued than he is on his youtube channel. But, they both know their place on the broadcasts, as far as towards each other, and they mostly seem to adhere to it! LOL

Note that there is no live coverage on TV of the ADH stage due to a conflict with The Open Championship. Coverage will be following The Open
I had to frantically check what's going on on that day... I stream (and pay extra for) Peacock and the Open coverage shouldn't interfere with the Tour's on that day. Or at least that's how they're listing it right now, channel USA appears to be a different story. https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/07/01/tour-de-france-tv-live-stream-peacock-schedule/

As an aside - while I do enjoy watching the majors in golf there really is no reason for this kind of conflicting TV scheduling until the cut is made in the Open, which isn't until they're done playing Friday. So, unless you're a diehard golf fan who watches the opening rounds...

As an aside - while I do enjoy watching the majors in golf there really is no reason for this kind of conflicting TV scheduling until the cut is made in the Open, which isn't until they're done playing Friday. So, unless you're a diehard golf fan who watches the opening rounds...

Indeed, I only watch the final 9 on Saturday and the final round on Sunday. Golf on TV can get pretty boring like a few hours of a flat stage.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
They are the hosts broadcasters otherwise they will have to pay for their own comms teams and still buy the feed ?
Both are true, US has tiny audience for the live broadcast,start of the workday..YouTube offers long and short version of race highlights available to most..the ala carte TV model is already falling apart in the US..it looked good to pay for only what you want,bundles were unattractive..but now w many things at $5-10 bucks a month watching a variety of European based bike racing can break the bank..
it's sounds anticlimactic and cheap..but YouTube and bike racing for me have been a match made in heaven..I can skip all the NBC color..yes I enjoy Bob,Chris and Christian but it's not worth the hassle and price for me..

I got NBC Peacock coverage again this year, same as last year. $5 for the 1 month the ToF is on is not bad at all, and then you can stop with no repercussion. I thought the announcers were great too: Phil and Bob for the race, and CVV and Chris and Burmeister for color. To me, just as good as it has always been, without Paul Sherwen

But I've stopped watching. This is the most boring ToF I have ever watched! And I've been watching every stage of it a very long time! I've dubbed this year the "Pogacar and Van Aert Show". They are just toying with the rest of the riders. I decided yesterday (Fri 07/08) not to watch, but to read the results on firstcycling.com. And guess who was among the first 3 placeholders for today (Sat 07/09)?

So, I'm going to do the same for the remaining stages. At least until it gets a little less boring. I know this is a bit off-topic. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Monte Serra

TRENDING THREADS