• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Gogo was excellent until he screwed up at the Pais Vasco. The infamous comment that we cannot forget.

Bob or CVV are OK. At the beginning wasn't as great but with time they have gotten better. Especially CVV.

I agree they have both improved. I think with CVV part of his "problem" is that he still has friends in the peloton and isn't always sure how much he should or shouldn't say in regards to those specific riders and he doesn't want to be seen as favoring them. However, he's started to be more comfortable with telling stories and I think he'll continue to improve. Thought he did a good job at the Worlds.

I was just out to NBC Sport's website. They have the Paris-Nice races listed on it, at around 8:00am in the morning (USA), but only mention that it will be on NBC Sports Gold. Looking at my online-TV guide for NBCSN, it shows 5 segments (out to the end-date of the listing), and all of them will be at 1:00am, and they are just 1-hour shows. That's just like them to do that. And they don't even mention the race of their Facebook page. I don't DO Facebook, but I went out there just to see if they had anything on it.

I know, I know -- I've really got it in for them, but I guess it'll all turn out OK in July when they give the usual spectacular coverage of ToF.

Re:

Nacho said:
I was just out to NBC Sport's website. They have the Paris-Nice races listed on it, at around 8:00am in the morning (USA), but only mention that it will be on NBC Sports Gold. Looking at my online-TV guide for NBCSN, it shows 5 segments (out to the end-date of the listing), and all of them will be at 1:00am, and they are just 1-hour shows. That's just like them to do that. And they don't even mention the race of their Facebook page. I don't DO Facebook, but I went out there just to see if they had anything on it.

I know, I know -- I've really got it in for them, but I guess it'll all turn out OK in July when they give the usual spectacular coverage of ToF.

That's what they did last year as well. Need to check and see if they are showing on the Olympic channel as well. They showed the Vuelta and Worlds on the Olympic Channel while they only showed like 4 stages of la Vuelta on NBCSports and none of the Worlds. They also put Paris-Roubliax, Felche Wallone, and LBL in the middle of the night.

Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Nacho said:

That's what they did last year as well. Need to check and see if they are showing on the Olympic channel as well. They showed the Vuelta and Worlds on the Olympic Channel while they only showed like 4 stages of la Vuelta on NBCSports and none of the Worlds. They also put Paris-Roubliax, Felche Wallone, and LBL in the middle of the night.

Oh. Wish I got the Olympic Channel, but NBCSN is all I have with my Sling package. I remember Paris-Roubaix being in the evening, next day?? Because I had to avoid going out to Steephill and cyclingnews and this site for over a day, lest I see displayed the winner. It is not enough to stay out of that particular race thread at the top of the listing. Just seeing the listing usually gives away the winner, as the "Peter Sagan" (or whoever wins) topic will be brought to the top of the page. That's a dead give-a-way.

I might have to buy something else to get to watch more. I don't think the straight-internet feeds would be for me. I'm not sure they even have announcers, and people that comment on the play. I'd need something that they give information about what is happening, and color on the riders, as I'm not that knowledgeable about the riders and tactics.

Nacho said:
Koronin said:
Nacho said:

Oh. Wish I got the Olympic Channel, but NBCSN is all I have with my Sling package. I remember Paris-Roubaix being in the evening, next day?? Because I had to avoid going out to Steephill and cyclingnews and this site for over a day, lest I see displayed the winner. It is not enough to stay out of that particular race thread at the top of the listing. Just seeing the listing usually gives away the winner, as the "Peter Sagan" (or whoever wins) topic will be brought to the top of the page. That's a dead give-a-way.

I might have to buy something else to get to watch more. I don't think the straight-internet feeds would be for me. I'm not sure they even have announcers, and people that comment on the play. I'd need something that they give information about what is happening, and color on the riders, as I'm not that knowledgeable about the riders and tactics.

We finally updated our Dish DVR to HD right after the Worlds. Thankfully was able to DVR a replay of the Worlds. Due to my old DVR being so old I was able to keep it and basically use it as a DVD player now. At least some of what is on line on the Olympic Channel is available to watch with a satellite subscription so you might be able to watch stuff there with your sling subscription. On Dish the Olympic Channel is part of the sports package.

Koronin said:
Nacho said:
Koronin said:
Nacho said:

We finally updated our Dish DVR to HD right after the Worlds. Thankfully was able to DVR a replay of the Worlds. Due to my old DVR being so old I was able to keep it and basically use it as a DVD player now. At least some of what is on line on the Olympic Channel is available to watch with a satellite subscription so you might be able to watch stuff there with your sling subscription. On Dish the Olympic Channel is part of the sports package.

I was on the"Dish" website, that you have. They have a product called "Dish Anywhere". It is where you get the programs over the internet rather than a satellite dish. They say it is free, but don't come right out and say it -- do you know, is it offered ONLY to the persons that have a Dish Satellite package? I mean, do you know if they offer it by itself? They don't seem to want to give too many details about it.

Nacho said:
Koronin said:
Nacho said:
Koronin said:
Nacho said:

I was on the"Dish" website, that you have. They have a product called "Dish Anywhere". It is where you get the programs over the internet rather than a satellite dish. They say it is free, but don't come right out and say it -- do you know, is it offered ONLY to the persons that have a Dish Satellite package? I mean, do you know if they offer it by itself? They don't seem to want to give too many details about it.

I think it's part of having a package and you can then get it on-line where ever you go. I don't think it's offered by it's self.

Dish Anywhere is included with your DISH subscription and allows you to watch any show currently playing on a included channel on any device anywhere. So if NBCSports is showing the Tour and you're at the airport you can log into your DISH account and watch it on your phone or tablet. It's very handy and has worked flawlessly whenever I've used it.

Carols said:
Escarabajo said:
Gogo was excellent until he screwed up at the Pais Vasco. The infamous comment that we cannot forget.

Bob or CVV are OK. At the beginning wasn't as great but with time they have gotten better. Especially CVV.

Help me out, what infamous comment did GoGo make that I have forgotten?
In 2013, when Quintana was giving it to Porte they couldn't resist to comment that he could be doping right there on the live show. The problem wasn't that Quintana could be doping but that their reference was Porte from all people. They showed Anglo-Saxon bias on this issue. Finally, they did not mention Quintana's pedigree before their race, ignoring obvious signs that he had potential to be a great rider.

Escarabajo said:
Carols said:
Escarabajo said:

In 2013, when Quintana was giving it to Porte they couldn't resist to comment that he could be doping right there on the live show. The problem wasn't that Quintana could be doping but that their reference was Porte from all people. They showed Anglo-Saxon bias on this issue. Finally, they did not mention Quintana's pedigree before their race, ignoring obvious signs that he had potential to be a great rider.

OMG he did do that, I remember now. Definitely not acceptable! Anglo-Saxon bias runs high in all the English speaking broadcasts :(.

Serpentin said:
Is it possible to run eurosportplayer with a VPN? IF you can stand the UK commentating...

You need to subscribe (that is pay money) to watch Eurosport Player. If you do, you should not need a VPN unless you live in a country that blocks the feed.

If you just want to see for free ... ?

Robert5091 said:
Serpentin said:
Is it possible to run eurosportplayer with a VPN? IF you can stand the UK commentating...

You need to subscribe (that is pay money) to watch Eurosport Player. If you do, you should not need a VPN unless you live in a country that blocks the feed.

If you just want to see for free ... ?

That's a possibility, since the thread is about watching from the US.

Carols said:
Nacho said:
First I've heard of GoGo, except that I think he looks sort of like an announcer on the Tour of Utah a couple of years ago.

He still calls Utah with some idiot lead guy.
Ah, Then that probably was him. I remember him being sort of an egg-head. And, I wasn't too impressed with the other "idiot lead guy" either! LOL

Re:

Carols said:

Dish Anywhere is included with your DISH subscription and allows you to watch any show currently playing on a included channel on any device anywhere. So if NBCSports is showing the Tour and you're at the airport you can log into your DISH account and watch it on your phone or tablet. It's very handy and has worked flawlessly whenever I've used it.
That's what I suspected, but was hoping not. I'm not going to get mixed up again with anything tied to a "mainly" cable or satellite TV outfit again. They get their hooks into you and then keep raising rates at will. I'm staying with ONLY internet delivered service, and was wondering if that is what it is. There are others that I need to check out.

Carols said:
Escarabajo said:
Carols said:
Escarabajo said:

OMG he did do that, I remember now. Definitely not acceptable! Anglo-Saxon bias runs high in all the English speaking broadcasts :(.

I'll add another stupid comment he made to the list. 2014 Vuelta. He said something along the lines of Movistar has to let Valverde have a couple of stages to target since Quintana is now their GC rider and that he's at the end of his career. This is the same Vuelta that Valverde finished the race on the podium.

TRENDING THREADS