• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've been all over the NBCSports website and can't a single word about viewing the 2021 TdF :(
So I signed up for the free Peacock option to test that it works for me just in case it isn't on TV. I watched a portion of the live coverage of the U.S. Open Golf tournament and it played fine. Appears to be in 480p certainly nothing like HD TV :(. GCN resolution makes it look like a dogs breakfast. Hopefully it's on TV!

Reactions: Sandisfan
I've been all over the NBCSports website and can't a single word about viewing the 2021 TdF :(
So I signed up for the free Peacock option to test that it works for me just in case it isn't on TV. I watched a portion of the live coverage of the U.S. Open Golf tournament and it played fine. Appears to be in 480p certainly nothing like HD TV :(. GCN resolution makes it look like a dogs breakfast. Hopefully it's on TV!

There was a commercial today for the Tour. It specifically said the Tour will be on NBCSports and Peacock. Now it may just be the morning live coverage but it'll be there.

There was a commercial today for the Tour. It specifically said the Tour will be on NBCSports and Peacock. Now it may just be the morning live coverage but it'll be there.

It showed up! DISH goes out 8 days with their guides and there it is 6/26 at 6AM EDT on NBCSports. No Repeats, only the live show. I'll probably get 1 month of the ad free Peacock so I can watch the race during the Many TV commercials.

Reactions: Koronin
First has anyone in the USA been able to find the Velonews 2021 Tour de France Guide? I've checked in all the usual places and no one seems to have a physical copy. All I have found is a digital copy from discountmags.com. I have decades of the physical copy and I want one for this year!

NBCSports is doing their 2-3 repeats of each stage on weekdays it seems. Only the primetime 8PM EDT show seems to have been entirely dropped. I'll watch live whenever possible and DVR record if I can't.

Le Tour it comes!

Tour is entirely commercial free on Peacock premium. No Phil either, so a double bonus

"Peacock will provide live streaming coverage of every stage of the 2021 Tour de France, featuring live, commercial-free, start-to-finish coverage of every stage of the Tour de France, featuring commentary from the World Feed. "

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
Anyone subscribe to the $10 Peacock Premium plus?

I'm just on the normal $5 premium version and I can get the commercial Euro version ad free, but the Phil/Bob US version from NSNBC has ads.

Will I get ad free Phil / Bob if I shell out an extra $5? Getting tired of the repetitive ads already.

I'm just on the normal $5 premium version and I can get the commercial Euro version ad free, but the Phil/Bob US version from NSNBC has ads.

Will I get ad free Phil / Bob if I shell out an extra $5? Getting tired of the repetitive ads already.

No, they still just on the same NBCSN stream with ads. Ad free coverage from Premium has Simon Gerrans and Anthony McCrossan commentating.

As far as I can see, you'll only get on demand replays of the ad free feed for the extra 5 spot. Was a no brained for me as Simon G. > Phil + Bob + insufferable commercials.

Reactions: BonkMan
I hate to say it, but I've gotten used to Bob Roll. I don't say he's any good at the job, just that he doesn't annoy me. That only took two decades.

Back in the studio, why do they keep CVV around? He seems like a nice enough person but he is dishwater dull.

Chris Horner has gone from annoying to the best guy on the show.

And I will not hear a bad word against Phil. I"ve been listening to his voice for over 20 years and it isn't a July morning without hearing him ramble on while I drink my coffee, keep an eye on the tv, and read Inner Ring's blog.

I hate to say it, but I've gotten used to Bob Roll. I don't say he's any good at the job, just that he doesn't annoy me. That only took two decades.

Back in the studio, why do they keep CVV around? He seems like a nice enough person but he is dishwater dull.

Chris Horner has gone from annoying to the best guy on the show.

And I will not hear a bad word against Phil. I"ve been listening to his voice for over 20 years and it isn't a July morning without hearing him ramble on while I drink my coffee, keep an eye on the tv, and read Inner Ring's blog.

Bob has calmed down a lot, he's no longer plays the fool. So I like him a lot more.

Horner the Knucklehead totally annoys me :)

Phil is fine. He sure as heck beats Kirby!

TRENDING THREADS