• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
NBCSports wasn't top tier on my dish (or I don't think it is). It's not the reason I have the top tier. There are about 5 stations we watch a lot that are top tier.
Vuelta will require 2 months, not one as it's partly in both Aug and Sept.

Just on principle I will NOT pay NBC for their streaming service.

The more I've had to deal with streaming the more i truly do NOT like it at all.

250 is top tier, it was in 200. They prorate partial use of an addon package so I'll only have to pay 3 weeks for the Vuelta.

I understand your stance on Principle, I was the same when NBCSports existed. But I'm not paying for it now so I'm okay paying for Peacock for a few months :).

Streaming isn't my choice either, unless it's my Only (legal) choice :).

Reactions: Sandisfan
If it's the only choice I'll take something with a VPN or not bother with it. GCN I'm willing pay for it. However for cycling that is the ONLY one I'm paying for. NBC isn't getting anymore of my money than they currently get from my satellite subscription and they get enough of it from that. I'm POed they get any money from that at all for network TV which you can get with an antenna. As far as that goes, peacock doesn't have anything that interests me other than cycling and that's questionable. If I'm going to pay for streaming it'll be something I actually want to watch multiple things on. GNC is a yearly fee and it's not much. Even that I'm cancelling at the end of this year.

Thanks for posting, Carols. I was looking around the NBC site the other day and was disappointed. NBC generally just does ASO races, right?

It seems NBC further reduced their coverage when NBCSports went off the air. As example Worlds was always on NBCSports, FloBikes picked it up this year. Plus GCN took some from FloBikes. Last year I had all 3 but didn't renew FloBikes as their coverage is now so limited it's not worth $150!

• Wow
Doing investigations of upcoming races in March and April - de Ronde, Gent-Wevelgem, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Amstel Gold are only on FloBikes :(
In April P-R, Fleche Wallonne and LBL APPPEAR to be on Peacock only because they are not available on GCN or FloBikes. Peacock has No Schedule available that I can find.
GCN will have a nice selection but none of the above.
Those are the only races that I'll miss on Flobikes. But I also made the decision that having Flobikes is not worth for only those races. I only have Peacock and GCN. GCN has picked up a lot and I am happy that finally we have a dedicated cycling channel to broadcasting cycling. Peacock had Paris Nice and will have other ASO races including the Tour and La Vuelta. So it was a no brainer for me.

It seems NBC further reduced their coverage when NBCSports went off the air. As example Worlds was always on NBCSports, FloBikes picked it up this year. Plus GCN took some from FloBikes. Last year I had all 3 but didn't renew FloBikes as their coverage is now so limited it's not worth $150!

NBC doesn't have the rights to the Worlds anymore. They dropped those rights when the contract was up a couple years ago.

• Sad
Well it seems we have no legal option for Cataluyna. Neither GNC or Flobikes have it and peacock doesn't have anything on their site, but they do have the World Figure Skating schedule up starting on 3/24. Cataluyna starts on Monday 3/21 :( I guess I'll have to try the dreadful Tiz :'(

• Wow
Catalunya is going to be on GCN, it's showing up on the schedule on the iPhone app which only shows the races available to watch (unlike the website which shows everything regardless of availability).

Well USA is Not on the REDboard as being shown in the USA nor is it on the list of 'Races in the USA' List.

19 March 2022: Milan Sanremo (Live & on demand)
20 March 2022: Trofeo Binda Women (Live & on demand)
23 March 2022: Classic Brugge de la Panne (Live & on demand)

Hopefully you are correct and GCN hasn't updated the list in Both places. But I won't be surprised if I get an Error trying to watch it!
I'll won't be home tomorrow AM so I'll miss it on Tiz or IF it is on GCN I'll definitely watch the relay!
Thanks, because I wouldn't have bothered to check for a replay on GCN!

GCN will stream Cataluyna on their site but not in USA. But it is not available anywhere else. I wonder why is blocked in USA? that is strange indeed.
I don't think it's strange. I've found that GCN shows almost every race on the calendar but about half of them aren't shown in the US so I always have to change my country on the VPN for those.

GCN will stream Cataluyna on their site but not in USA. But it is not available anywhere else. I wonder why is blocked in USA? that is strange indeed.

Thank You! Thank You! I just finished watching the replay :).
GCN still did NOT update their REDBoard, it does NOT show USA as a covered country, and it is Not on the USA availability list. Bloody Jerks, but the best we have.

NBC has never shown any of the Spanish races outside of La Vuelta.

I really wish they'd just give up the rights to cycling completely.

I wish they would also. At one time when it was Versus and Outdoor channel, we Got ALL the big races and many small ones. I think NBCSports showed some Spanish races a few years back but it might have been Universal.
I had LOTS of them recorded on tape, then I converted them to DVDs. My collection goes back to the early 1980s. But some of the dvds won't play on the Blu-ray :(.

does anyone here use the GCN app on Amazon Firestick? i got one today because airplaying GCN to my roku has had a lot of issues lately (after being perfectly fine for over a year) and the video comes in crystal clear but the playback is really choppy, skipping frames and laggy. is there a setting i need turned on/off to get it to play smoothly? other apps like ESPN seem fine.

• Wow
does anyone here use the GCN app on Amazon Firestick? i got one today because airplaying GCN to my roku has had a lot of issues lately (after being perfectly fine for over a year) and the video comes in crystal clear but the playback is really choppy, skipping frames and laggy. is there a setting i need turned on/off to get it to play smoothly? other apps like ESPN seem fine.
My GCN just stopped working in my tablet for some reason so I had to use the GCN+ from my smart TV. Resolution is better but I am having issues with every five minutes the images freezing up. I just think they need a better platforms and they are struggling a bit with the project. The only place where I don't have any issues at all is in my computer, but I have to fight with other issues when I watch it in a different media. I will send them a letter FWIW.

TRENDING THREADS