• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some people like Kirby also :)

I like Kirby. Phil is scaling back to the point that he really only does the TDF and Paris Nice now, and I have nightmares of a Steve Schlanger- Bobke TDF (to be fair, Rolle has gotten a lot better than his early days). Anyone is better than the McKrossin/Walker tandem. Kirby is good with McEwan, who I loved with Keenan. I thought they were the best tandem among the English speaking broadcast teams and think SBS was stupid for letting him go.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I like Kirby. Phil is scaling back to the point that he really only does the TDF and Paris Nice now, and I have nightmares of a Steve Schlanger- Bobke TDF (to be fair, Rolle has gotten a lot better than his early days). Anyone is better than the McKrossin/Walker tandem. Kirby is good with McEwan, who I loved with Keenan. I thought they were the best tandem among the English speaking broadcast teams and think SBS was stupid for letting him go.

Kirby's giggle drives me Nuts :).

Phil is okay and Bob no longer plays the Fool and turned into a commentator. I really liked Paul. Christian is maturing into his role and Horner is good for a laugh. Schlanger was a trip, but I Loved GoGo!!!
I like the GCN crew best right now. Sooner or later one of them will get put with mealy mouth Kelly :).

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Kirby's giggle drives me Nuts :).

Phil is okay and Bob no longer plays the Fool and turned into a commentator. I really liked Paul. Christian is maturing into his role and Horner is good for a laugh. Schlanger was a trip, but I Loved GoGo!!!
I like the GCN crew best right now. Sooner or later one of them will get put with mealy mouth Kelly :).
Yes... well...

Thank goodness the days of relying on renegade internet sites full of viruses are gone for the American cycling fan wanting to watch racing in Europe.

Thank you GCN plus.
It was televised for almost 2 decades on: Versus and it's other iterations, then Universal, and lastly Bien until [n] years ago when it went to streaming on FloBikes. It was there for 2 or 3 years. This is the first year GCN got all the RCS races. I liked it much better on TV because I have copies onto dvd and dvr all the way back to 1992. The last one I have is 2017. I detested Froome so didn't keep it :). I have never watched it on a pirated stream, than goodness. They are Horrendous!

Well, if it's a Good Race I record it and keep it. Can't do that on streaming!

Exactly.

Thanks for finding where the delayed coverage is.

Delayed coverage has been outdated since the internet. How can they bother?

Also a lot of us are working when the race is actually taking place, so delayed coverage get DVRed and watched when you have time to watch it.

Delayed coverage was always worthless to me with so many commercials.
The only thing I don't like about the new coverages is, like someone else said, not being able to watch a race or stage that you liked. For some reason the keep some races in library for a limited time. But after that they won't have it for replay and at the same time they block the rights for anybody else to show it. So should we do?
As far as I am concerned we only have Tiz cycling! :)

Reactions: Koronin and Carols
Delayed coverage was always worthless to me with so many commercials.
The only thing I don't like about the new coverages is, like someone else said, not being able to watch a race or stage that you liked. For some reason the keep some races in library for a limited time. But after that they won't have it for replay and at the same time they block the rights for anybody else to show it. So should we do?
As far as I am concerned we only have Tiz cycling! :)

Tiz sucks. I'd much rather keep things I want to rewatch on the dvr or off load it to a dvd. This week with no live cycling I continued my rewatch of the 2012 Vuelta. I'm at the Fuente De stage :).

Reactions: Escarabajo
Only if you have no other options! Darn thing is filled with virus :(
That as well is especially the case with the live streams, but not so much with the recorded streams. I NEVER visit websites like that with my main browser (which i use for personal accounts/online banking etc). I usually use an aditional browser with a good safety track record, and i install additional safety plugins. I would suggest using Opera (browser) and install extensions like ublock origin, adblock plus, adguard...

That as well is especially the case with the live streams, but not so much with the recorded streams. I NEVER visit websites like that with my main browser (which i use for personal accounts/online banking etc). I usually use an aditional browser with a good safety track record, and i install additional safety plugins. I would suggest using Opera (browser) and install extensions like ublock origin, adblock plus, adguard...
Even though I use a paid-VPN and only stream from the websites of the national broadcaster (Eurosport, RTBF, EIB, etc) just to be safe I purchased a no-frills refurbished laptop just for streaming. I use the other laptop for work stuff and didn’t want to take any chances.

GCN now only shows you the races your country can view on the selection board. The Dauphine isn't on my board :(
But its live on Peacock so I'm good to go!
I finally caved and subscribed to GCN+ for the Giro, I thought the coverage was good and for the most part I liked the commentators. (Especially Sean Kelly, he just sounds so mellow and down with it, I find his voice rather soothing.) But, being I already have too many subscriptions I cancelled GCN+ right after the Giro had concluded, so now it's on to the Criterium du Dauphine.

Much to my delight Peacock+ (which I already had because of other sports that can't be viewed on regular US sports channels) will cover Critérium du Dauphiné. So, woooooo! :)

I finally caved and subscribed to GCN+ for the Giro, I thought the coverage was good and for the most part I liked the commentators. (Especially Sean Kelly, he just sounds so mellow and down with it, I find his voice rather soothing.) But, being I already have too many subscriptions I cancelled GCN+ right after the Giro had concluded, so now it's on to the Criterium du Dauphine.

Much to my delight Peacock+ (which I already had because of other sports that can't be viewed on regular US sports channels) will cover Critérium du Dauphiné. So, woooooo! :)
That’s good. I haven’t seen it on my Peacock yet but maybe tomorrow it will appear. I’m not sure if I have + or not though.

Ha ha ha... I have just done the same

TRENDING THREADS