• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I know it is fashionable to complain about American commentators, but I really enjoy listening to McCrossan. He is generally informative and measured. I would much rather listen to his commentary than the Anglo speaking biased blather of Bob and Christian.

I know it is fashionable to complain about American commentators, but I really enjoy listening to McCrossan. He is generally informative and measured. I would much rather listen to his commentary than the Anglo speaking biased blather of Bob and Christian.

I agree he is measured, and there is of course no banter. He can be quite informative, but when he doing the peacock gig there is no tech support for him and he has only the live feed at his disposal. For example during the stage with the punching incident there was no chance for him to show a replay because he has no crew at the back end. If it was day with Roll and Vandeveld there would have been NBC staff that could have provided him replay footage. So my problem with those stages isn't so much Mcrossan as it is with the production values.

Does anyone have Peacock Plus? I have Premium and have never had commercials in a bike race UNTIL today :(. So, it is exactly what I have on TV.
Plus says No Ads with this:
*Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events, and a few shows and movies). I'm willing to upgrade if TdF has no ads so if you know please post. Ads or NO ADS in TdF! Thanks

Reactions: Sandisfan
Does anyone have Peacock Plus? I have Premium and have never had commercials in a bike race UNTIL today :(. So, it is exactly what I have on TV.
Plus says No Ads with this:
*Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events, and a few shows and movies). I'm willing to upgrade if TdF has no ads so if you know please post. Ads or NO ADS in TdF! Thanks
On Peacock you can choose the USA feed or the World feed. Try the World feed--for other races I've watched this one did not have commercials.

On Peacock you can choose the USA feed or the World feed. Try the World feed--for other races I've watched this one did not have commercials.

Thanks that works. I'm watching the world feed replay and no ADS :). I was watching the Free level instead of the level I paid for! Getting old is sometimes a problem! I get Cross and Roche instead of Phil and Roll. They're no prizes but better than P&R :) And as an extra prize No idiots Horner and Vandevelde :).

Roche’s delivery isn’t the best but he has great insight and isn’t a homer. GCN has turned into the Ineos Cycling Network. I have nothing against Ineos, just dont want to hear about how great they are for 21 stages.

I don’t mind Phil and Bob, but the NBC presentation and commercials are awful and it’s become unwatchable.

Reactions: Carols
Peacock shows stage 2 begins tomorrow morning Sat 07/02/2022 at 5:00am. TV Listings for USA TV channel shows it starts at 07:00am (all times USA CST). Anybody have any insight to this? I'd hate to get up at 5:00am just to find out it starts 2 hrs later -- LOL.

• Wow
Roche’s delivery isn’t the best but he has great insight and isn’t a homer. GCN has turned into the Ineos Cycling Network. I have nothing against Ineos, just dont want to hear about how great they are for 21 stages.

I don’t mind Phil and Bob, but the NBC presentation and commercials are awful and it’s become unwatchable.
I was suprised to see/hear Phil today. I remember last year he said that was going to be his last year. He didn't say exactly that, but when it came up between all of them something that was to happen next (this) year, he said they would have to do it because he wouldn't be there. I'm glad though he is there this year -- I enjoy listening to him.

• Love
I was suprised to see/hear Phil today. I remember last year he said that was going to be his last year. He didn't say exactly that, but when it came up between all of them something that was to happen next (this) year, he said they would have to do it because he wouldn't be there. I'm glad though he is there this year -- I enjoy listening to him.

Phil is still continuing in 2023 - He will be doing the Australian summer of races.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Nacho
Peacock shows stage 2 begins tomorrow morning Sat 07/02/2022 at 5:00am. TV Listings for USA TV channel shows it starts at 07:00am (all times USA CST). Anybody have any insight to this? I'd hate to get up at 5:00am just to find out it starts 2 hrs later -- LOL.
I just saw this. It indeed did start at 6AM EDT time -5AM to you. But it was 1/2 hour of the neutral zone. So you can decide to sleep an extra 1/2 hour if you'd like. TV coverage sarts at 8AM and will probably be 1/2 hour of yakking with Horner & Vanderveldt before they show the race :).

Reactions: Sandisfan and Nacho

TRENDING THREADS